|This article is a stub. You can help AoCWiki by adding content.|
Throughout Ashes of Creation, the player has an opportunity to participate in massively multiplayer siege warfare. Since castles are likely the world’s most limited resource, it will be a task to secure and hold them. Involving hundreds of players on a single battlefield, our sieges will employ many moving parts and intricate design features.
Because of the difficult nature of taking and keeping a castle there are great rewards available to the players for their efforts. Castles will allow players to exert control over nearby lands and allow for the development of unique buildings in the nearby towns.
- In order to attack a node, you will be required to obtain an item through a quest.
- The obtained Item will have a limited time period in which they can declare a siege.
- Sieges do not use the flagging system
- Castle sieges occur once every month, and during the three weeks leading up to the siege week, each node will will auto experience a siege, where attackers can try to destroy what the guild has built, in order to weaken the defenses for the castle when it's siege comes later in the month.
- Sieges are declared directly by players.
- When a siege begins, there is a temporary alliance among attackers and defenders.
- During the declaration period, individuals or even guilds can register to attack.
- Anyone who completes the prerequisites for the siege initiation can declare the siege.
- Siege declaration is very tough and scales with the type of node being sieged.
- Castle sieges are intended for guilds.
- Once a siege is declared there is a period of time before the siege will commence, determined by the size of the node
- 2 Days - Village
- 3 Days - Town
- 4 Days - City
- 5 Days - Metro
- A siege will last for up to two hours, after which, if the city survives, there will be a cooldown before the node can be sieged again.
- 20 Days - Village
- 30 Days - Town
- 40 Days - City
- 50 Days - Metro
- Certain mechanics might be gated for specific size groups during sieges.
- Housing will only be vulnerable if the parent node falls in a siege.
- Sieging will require a similar amount of resources and time, to equal what it took to develop the node.
- Siege equipment will need to be crafted.
- Certain siege equipment will be available based on the stage of the defending node.
- Governments will be able to allocate resources, taxes, and quests to help develop the defenses of the node.
- Certain NPC's will serve as defense points for the node, Killing them will allow the attackers to gain advantages during the siege.
- NPC's are only killable during a siege, and will respawn if the siege is unsuccessful.
- Nodes require continued player activity and if a town loses too much activity, then it may result in a PvE siege against the node.
- A successful siege will delevel or destroy the node. When destroyed there will be rubble which will persist for some unknown amount of time.
- After a successful siege the ZOI has a time period of open PVP where freeholds can be attacked and destroyed that lasts for an hour or two after a successful siege. 
- During this time, stored materials are lootable throughout the ZOI, but objects like chairs can never be stolen from freeholds. 
|PvE||Dungeons • Exploration • Questing • World Events|
|PvP||Arenas • Battle Royale Guide • Open World • Sieges|
|RP (Role Playing)||Cosmetics • Parlor Games • Pets|
|Economy||Artisan Classes • Economy#Caravans • Markets • Trade|
|Other||Achievements • Combat • Guilds • User Interface|