- Rank 1
- This does not render a player completely invisible. Instead, there will be indicators that can help players "feel out" where stealthed individuals may be.
- Rank 2
- Rank 3
- There will be indicators that can help players "feel out" where stealthed individuals may be.
- There will also be utility skills that will reveal stealthed players, such as on the Ranger archetype.
- Certain NPCs can also see through stealth.
- Stealth augments from the Rogue secondary archetype will incorporate stealth modifiers into a class' primary skills.
Stealth is 100% an option in the game. It's not going to render yourself or the individual who uses the stealth completely obscured. You're still going to be able to identify- there's going to be utility skills that can reveal stealth from a PvP perspective. There's going to be perceptions that certain NPCs have that can see through stealth, like Tremor Sense or Life Sense. There are elements of mechanics that relate to stealth and how it is balanced in the game. It's not going to be similar to stealth that's been found in other games where the target is rendered completely invisible- they can make it past every enemy NPC or monster: they can use stealth at all times. These are elements that is a tit for tat. These are components of class-kits that are going to have corresponding counters as it relates to other classes as well. – Steven Sharif
- The revamped combat system features split-body animations, where the character's upper body can be locked by weapon attack animations while the lower body is free to continue moving.
- Most abilities in Ashes of Creation are capable of being cast while moving. Some abilities may slow the caster down during the cast, but only rarely will the player be rooted in place.
- Most abilities you'll find in Ashes of Creation are capable of being cast while moving. Some of those abilities might slow your movement during the cast, but you can continue to move. Very rarely, and depending on obviously the importance of the ability or the power level of that ability, you might be rooted in place. So, for example, the AoE ability [Chains of Restraint] has a lot going on. It has damage ticking over time, it is an area of effect, it also has a status condition application; and in those instances the player character gets rooted. – Steven Sharif
- Unreal Engine 5 has enabled improved forms of locomotion, such as crouching, tilting and mantling.
- The ability to prone is not be in the game.
- Moving backward will likely not affect block and parry.
- Player movement speed during combat is balanced for both PvE and PvP.
- There's a balance in the game design between your movement speed on attack and the movement speed of your opponent. When you have a game that is both PvE centric as well as PvP centric, you have to make sure that combat is blended for both approaches; and we can always run into problems where, if you're significantly hampered in your movement speed, that has an effect on how we expect player versus player engagements to interact; and we don't want to restrict a player's ability to be mobile if they're the target of an attack. And as a result of that we need to make sure that we don't restrict the movement abilities of the player who is doing the attacking as well. So we want it to be relatively free for you to stay with each other. Your opponents move around the battlefield together and if we're hampering you on the attack action, we have to then implement some type of snare, or slow, or cc effect essentially on your opposing target; and that's not the approach we want to take for for PvP. – Steven Sharif
- Q: If a ranger is super mobile, what are the melee's options in order to catch them?
- A: Different class kits will provide different gap closers. They'll provide different mobility skills. They'll have lockdowns. They'll have chains to pull back. They'll have a lot of different things in the rotation. That's part of what an MMORPG experience is. You're not just restricted to three or six skills, you have a rotational suite; and depending on the type of challenges you face is going to help determine which of those rotations you spec into from your skill tree. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Blink||Blinks forward in the direction you are traveling.||Now deals damage to enemies surrounding your departure location.||Reduced cooldown.|
|Rush||Rush toward a target; and upon reaching the target, deal an amount damage with a chance to knock the target down.||-||-|
- NPCs in certain encounters may be aware of their local environment and can seek cover behind obstacles, for example; but this will not be prevalent in general AI designs.
The best was Final Fantasy 11 back in the day where you had scent, you had sight, you had magic. Like there's all sorts of different things that you had to like protect yourself against so that certain mobs couldn't see you; and you could maintain that ability to like kind of sneak past easily... It made those monsters unique and gave them character outside of just how much damage they did to me. – Jeffrey Bard
- Different classes excel at different skills.
- All classes will have maneuverability/traversal utility abilities.
- There will be a grappling hook utility skill or item.
- Classes will have utility abilities, such as detecting traps and other hazards. For example: The Mage's detection spell casts light and reveals magical explosive hazards.
- Certain classes are able to climb/parkour in certain areas.
- Certain classes (such as Rogues) will have stealth abilities.
- Rogues may also have a spyglass utility skill.
- Certain objects exist in the world (such as ladders and slides) that aid player mobility.
We don't just have the approach of your class being reflected in your combat abilities but also there are utility abilities that certain classes have that other classes don't have. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Camouflage||Grants stealth at a distance. At mid and short range the Ranger is revealed.||-||-|
|Family summon||Long duration cast (30 seconds to a minute) with an approximate 30 minute cooldown that slowly summons each of your family members to your location (up to eight members). Players cannot be summoned in the following cases:||-||-|
|Pathfinding||Reveals corrupted player locations on the bounty hunter's map. Activating this ability will flag the bounty hunter for combat only to corrupted players for a period of one hour from the time of activation. The pathfinding ability can be toggled on or off.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.|
|Pathfinding/es||Revela las ubicaciones de los jugadores corruptos en el mapa del cazarrecompensas . Activar esta habilidad marcará al cazarrecompensas para combatir solo contra los jugadores corruptos durante una hora a partir del momento de la activación. La habilidad de rastreo puede activarse o desactivarse.||La precisión de la habilidad de rastreo viene determinada por la progresión del jugador en el sistema de cazarrecompensas..||La precisión de la habilidad de rastreo viene determinada por la progresión del jugador en el sistema de cazarrecompensas..|
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (1:12:27).
- Livestream, May 3, 2017 (49:39).
- Livestream, May 3, 2017 (49:39).
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (1:11:40).
- Livestream, July 26, 2019 (1:08:16).
- Livestream, February 9, 2018 (18:45).
- Livestream, February 26, 2021 (27:41).
- Video, February 26, 2021 (6:17).
- Livestream, June 30, 2022 (46:30).
- Livestream, July 30, 2021 (31:22).
- Interview, June 13, 2021 (4:12).
- Livestream, May 28, 2021 (1:13:05).
- Livestream, December 2, 2022 (59:47).
- Livestream, April 30, 2020 (1:17:13).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (43:30).
- Livestream, December 23, 2021 (55:32).
- Video, December 23, 2021 (23:53).
- Livestream, October 14, 2022 (48:45).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:30:40).
- Livestream, June 30, 2022 (49:42).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (51:28).
- Video, December 23, 2020 (1:17).
- Livestream, July 31, 2020 (57:33).
- Video, December 22, 2020 (7:35).
- Livestream, March 26, 2021 (54:26).
- Livestream, June 4, 2018 (29:28).
- Livestream, February 25, 2022 (1:03:32).
- Video, May 9, 2017 (0:57).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (42:49).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (30:34).
- Livestream, May 12, 2017 (33:10).
- Livestream, May 12, 2017 (18:00).
- Livestream, May 15, 2017 (15:10).
- Livestream, January 18, 2018 (34:56).
- Livestream, June 28, 2019 (1:21:46).
- Livestream, October 29, 2021 (1:07:11).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (57:41).
- Interview, July 19, 2020 (1:20:58).
- Podcast, July 26, 2020 (1:34:47).
- Podcast, July 26, 2020 (1:32:15).
- Interview, April 27, 2017 (9:28).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (48:00).