- Recipes that are obtained must be committed to a player's recipe book prior to that recipe being able to be used for crafting. This "consumes" the recipe.
- Recipes can be traded or sold prior to them being committed into a player's recipe book.
- Within a crafting recipe, there are dials (based on artisan specialization) that are used to customize crafted items, such as:
I think Star Wars Galaxies had a great crafting system... The resource gathering and the crafting system altogether as a whole really was I think way beyond its time. That's kind of the direction we want to go, where there's choices to be made in the crafting system and those choices change what you end up with... It's not just about doing X recipe to get Y item. You know, there's actually thought involved in it and there is you know a market to be captured based on those decisions. – Jeffrey Bard
The ability for players to create original recipes will not be present in the game at launch, but may be included at some point in the future.
- Crafting does not have mixing and matching (of arbitrary materials) in the manner of animal husbandry.
List of recipes
|This section contains information from Alpha-1 testing. It will be updated when new information is made available.|
|Item||Icon||Item type||Rarity||Level requirement||Set|
|Cloth Belt of Dark Fortunes||Belt||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Boots of Dark Fortunes||Boots||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Epaulettes of Dark Fortunes||Shoulders||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Gloves of Dark Fortunes||Gloves||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Hood of Dark Fortunes||Helmet||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Leggings of Dark Fortunes||Pants||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Robes of Dark Fortune||Chest armor||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Sleeves of Dark Fortune||Wrists||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Demonic Offering Aegis||Shield||Epic||15|
|Imposing Plate Belt||Belt||Rare||9||Imposing|
|Lava Forged Defender||Shield||Rare||Lava Forged|
|Plate Belt of Dragons Protection||Belt||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Plate Boots of Dragons Protection||Boots||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Plate Cussies of Dragons Protection||Pants||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Plate Gauntlets of Dragons Protection||Gloves||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Quill Of The Tundra||Wand||Epic||15|
|Ranseur Of Malice||Spear||Epic||15|
|Replica Of Dignitas||Axe||Epic||15|
|Spire Of Illusion||Staff||Epic||15|
|Transcendent Plate Helm||Helmet||Legendary||15||Transcendent|
There are many different ways to achieve recipes. We want to take crafting and house the location of those recipes throughout different progression paths, so that not everything is pigeon-holed into one way forward. – Steven Sharif
- Drops from monsters.
- Completing quest lines.
- Through treasure hunting.
- Through repetition of specific activities.
- Becoming Mayor may unlock specific node-related recipes.
- Progression within a social organization, such as the Thieves' guild or Scholar's academy.
- Killing a legendary boss.
- Gaining a title.
- By constructing certain buildings on a freehold.
- Based on status within a religious organization/church.
- Deconstructing/disassembling rare item drops from bosses can yield recipes that can be used to replicate that item.
- Trading/buying from other players.
We're definitely going to have rare recipes. We're going to have a very active recipe market that how players find them and how they discover them is going to be very diverse. It's not just going to be drop oriented. It's going to be discovery, adventurism, treasures, repetition of a particular activity that might yield something, deconstruction that might learn how to create a recipe. There's a lot of different functionality that's present that's going to be utilized. – Steven Sharif
A royalty system where players can license recipes to other players for a certain amount of time and collect royalties was discussed as a possibility.
- There are going to be different tiers of crafting stations that represent the quality of the items being crafted.
- Q: Can crafting stations be mobilized / moved and can they be placed anywhere in the world?
- A: It depends on the crafting station. There are going to be different tiers of crafting stations that represent you know the quality of item you're looking to create within that specific profession. There's going to be crafting stations that can be utilized by players within their freeholds and then crafting stations that are resigned only to the development of particular nodes, within particular areas, or particular buildings... There's a wide variety of those things to kind of make it a more dynamic experience and and kind of something that caveat how players decide to build the world and what the value of those things are. – Steven Sharif
We did discuss that type of a feature where the skill of the crafter would grant a greater window of skill-based type crafting. So the higher master level you have of crafting a certain item, the greater your potential to impact the quality of that item might be... The concern obviously that we have when going into developing this type of system is that we don't want what is a fun - you know for lack of a better term - mini-game to be something that becomes repetitive and kind of makes it monotonous... If when we start to flesh out the crafting system and we take a look at that interaction of melding crafting, the actual activity of making something, there is room in the design sheet for different iterations of that particular action; and we may see something come about that can be skill oriented, but that's something that's going to require a lot of testing and different iterations from a design standpoint. – Steven Sharif
Jeff in particular has a soft spot in his heart for the crafting system of Star Wars Galaxies; so without getting into too much detail I will say that it's likely that you will see some inspiration surface itself in that regard. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (20:41).
- Livestream, 28 January 2022 (1:19:48).
- Interview, 7 February 2021 (37:26).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (5:25).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (8:22).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (35:11).
- Interview, 7 February 2021 (38:15).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (28:38).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (26:00).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (6:12).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (1:38:26).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (1:00:18).
- Interview, 7 February 2021 (45:41).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (27:20).