- 0% durability will unequip items, increasing its repair cost.
- Damaged gear can be reforged at a player stall using a portion of the materials that were necessary to craft the item.
- There may be additional constraints for repairing "very unique items", such as having a crafter and recipe to effectuate repairs. This is subject to testing.
- There is no limit to the number of times an item can be repaired.
- There's a lot of ancillary activities that can be had during sieges... It's obviously strategy and tactics and you know raid-versus-raid components, but also you want to have individual contributions where players can do things during the siege to aid in the greater effort so to speak; and it doesn't require you having 50 people by your side to effectuate that influence over something. So repairs are great ways to do that. Repairs for walls, repairs for gates, being able to spawn and essentially craft the designs for specific types of siege weapons to provide those to the team. – Steven Sharif
- Item durability loss occurs on death.
- Item decay does not destroy items, but it acts as an materials sink.
- If you allow it to get to certain stages, or to get to a destructed stage then it requires a lot of material components in order to return back to its former glory. – Steven Sharif
- Over enchanting an item comes with the risk of durability loss if a safety margin is exceeded.
- There is durability in the game... It's not going to be a trivial durability. There is a potential to destroy gear (weapons and armor), but there is also an ability to reforge that destroyed gear using a portion of the materials necessary as well as finding an item creator who can reforge it. – Steven Sharif
Player stalls (also called Kiosks and rental stalls) are rentable locations near the unique building in an Economic node or in Marketplaces (the constructible building available for placement by mayors of any Town (stage 4) node or higher).
All nodes do have the ability to spawn player stalls. If you're not an economic node and you don't have a market- that's essentially your unique building- then you can construct essentially what is I guess would be called a... marketplace; and that marketplace will then come with certain services and it will come with a certain number of stalls. The economic node as I recall has the ability to construct an auction house and the auction house serves through the economic means the ability to list and sell items and that comes with additional stalls as well for the players. – Steven Sharif
- Player stalls are rentable by node citizens.
- Player stalls may be utilized for a period of time based on the price paid to rent the stall.
- Player stalls are linked to a player's warehouse.
- Players are not able to be attacked or robbed while occupying their player stall inside the limits of a node.
- Player stalls do not require the attendance of the character or for that character to be online.
- Bulletin boards that list the items available in player stalls can be accessed from anywhere in the region.
- These give the location of the stall so players can travel there and purchase the items.
- Stall sales are also listed in auction houses.
- This may no longer be accurate.
- Players are able to input required items for repair and also purchase required materials for that repair.
- Player stalls may still operate during node siege declaration. This is subject to testing.
- Over-enchanting carries the risk of destroying that item, rendering it useless for use temporarily.
- Players gain craftable items and recipes from deconstructing (salvaging) completed items.
- A portion of resources and materials are lost when caravans or nodes are destroyed.
- Corrupted players who die can lose gear.
- Item durability (item decay) does not destroy items, but it acts as a materials sink. Zero percent durability will unequip an item, increasing its repair costs.
An important aspect of a healthy economy is having some item sinks available... There are three kinds of item sinks: You can gain craftable items from deconstructing completed items; You can have decay... and if you want to over-enchant that item there will be a potential to destroy it as well. It's important for an economy to experience those types of emphasis on what can be crafted as well as seeing those items that are crafted be destroyed as well..
The concept there is this is part of the engine that is supply and demand. So the server is constantly generating these materials on tick as they kind of propagate throughout the world and get repopulated, players are going out there and collecting these things. We want to make sure that there is a driving force and factor behind what crafters and gatherers are out there doing: There's constantly going to be a demand for them to supply these things. Whether that death is from PvP or from PvE these are going to be necessities for players to constantly provide. – Steven Sharif
- Once repaired, ships can only be launched from land.
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (51:11).
- Interview, 7 February 2021 (13:14).
- Podcast, 13 May 2017 (25:55).
- Interview, 29 July 2020 (16:46).
- Livestream, 28 May 2021 (1:53:04).
- Livestream, 30 September 2020 (1:01:45).
- Livestream, 28 May 2021 (1:04:29).
- Podcast, 5 May 2017 (43:05).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (2:05:07).
- Podcast, 29 September 2021 (32:35).
- Interview, 29 July 2020 (15:04).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (20:41).
- Ashes of Creation Instagram, 19 August 2020.
- Livestream, 29 May 2020 (1:00:57).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:26:16).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (55:05).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:36).
- Livestream, 30 October 2020 (1:04:59).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (59:39).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (35:16).
- Livestream, 31 July 2020 (1:34:06).
- Livestream, 30 October 2020 (1:06:09).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (10:47).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (20:41).
- Interview, 30 Jul 30 2020 (16:17).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (55:01).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:13:00).