Part of this endeavor of sieging a player-held location (or non-player-held location) is time to prepare; and that includes gathering and crafting these mega weapons or collecting the resources: Whether it be gold or specific quest items to purchase from NPCs. – Steven Sharif
List of siege weapons
Summoning siege equipment
- Siege vehicles that can be player driven.
- Hand held weapons.
- Multiple people may need to equip some items of siege equipment for it to function.
Guns and gunpowder
- Ships will utilize a larger form of potion launcher in place of canons. These canons will be able to be equipped with different potions that have different effects.
- I previously said there was not going to be gunpowder in Ashes. What there will be is something very similar to gunpowder but has a more arcane nature to it. It's not necessarily going to be explainable through the conventional means of chemistry, metallurgy, and physics and what not, but rather the Essence is the core component of many types of magic, one of which is obviously going to be evocation type magic; and that evocation can have some explosive tendencies. – Steven Sharif
As we said in the past, were not really about that black powder life. Instead it's really going to be focused on the arcane arts: The elements; the use of radiance and darkness; and then those being employed in larger weaponry, such as the type of siege weaponry between ship battles as well as those and sieges. A potion launcher is an example of the arcane energies that can be mastered in order to facilitate these highly destructive alchemical blends that can be created. – Steven Sharif
- Alpha-1 castle sieges are located in a separate zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
- Players may choose to respawn at their HQ as long as they are registered.
- Players could potentially intercept stragglers with the guild war or flagging system en route to the siege field.
Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat that does not depend on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
- Certain siege mechanics may be gated for specific size groups during sieges.
- There will not be a deserter debuff for leaving a siege before it is complete.
- More will be revealed in an upcoming blog entry.
- A siege summon will have an incremental size based on the number of summoners participating in that summon activity, with a maximum of eight.
- The number of summoners participating in the summon will determine its overall size.
- All summoners must be in the same party and the party leader must be a summoner.
- The party leader initiates the summon and then takes control of it.
- Once summoned, the party leader cannot be changed.
- If the party disbands, the summon ends. There will be a grace period to handle disconnects.
- The party may also contain non-Summoners.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse siege equipment
- Siege weapons available to the attacking side include Trebuchets and Battering Rams.
- Siege weapons available to the defending side include Ballistas and Traps.
- Siege weapons are deployable and piloted by players.
With regards to alpha one phase one however in the castle siege system... what will happen is static siege equipment that's placed in the map for the attackers to utilize that will present at focal points of PvP in the match where defenders will know where to target a specific area on the field in order to attack.  – Steven Sharif
2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2019-01-12
- Video, 28 May 2021 (25:44).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Video, 28 May 2021 (11:55).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (37:05).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (20:49).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (17:08).
- Livestream, 28 May 2021 (1:04:29).
- Ashes of Creation Store: The Gilded Galleon.
- Podcast, 29 September 2021 (56:50).
- Podcast, 15 November 2020 (22:22).
- Livestream, 16 June 2017 (43:01).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (17:57).
- Livestream, 30 April 2021 (41:18).
- Podcast, 11 April 2021 (49:40).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (1:12:51).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (37:05).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (10:06).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (28:01).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (14:59).
- Video, 17 July 2019 (0:00).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (35:44).
- Castle Siege Overview.
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (54:06).