It's the fourth anniversary of Ashes of Creation Wiki! Thanks for all of your wonderful support over the years.
Part of this endeavor of sieging a player-held location (or non-player-held location) is time to prepare; and that includes gathering and crafting these mega weapons or collecting the resources: Whether it be gold or specific quest items to purchase from NPCs. – Steven Sharif
- 1 List of siege weapons
- 2 Summoning siege equipment
- 3 Guns and gunpowder
- 4 Server prime-time
- 5 Siege participation
- 6 Siege mechanics
- 7 Siege summons
- 8 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse siege equipment
- 9 Artwork
- 10 See also
- 11 References
List of siege weapons
Summoning siege equipment
- Siege vehicles that can be player driven.
- Hand held weapons.
- Multiple people may need to equip some items of siege equipment for it to function.
Guns and gunpowder
- Ships will utilize a larger form of potion launcher in place of canons. These canons will be able to be equipped with different potions that have different effects.
- I previously said there was not going to be gunpowder in Ashes. What there will be is something very similar to gunpowder but has a more arcane nature to it. It's not necessarily going to be explainable through the conventional means of chemistry, metallurgy, and physics and what not, but rather the Essence is the core component of many types of magic, one of which is obviously going to be evocation type magic; and that evocation can have some explosive tendencies. – Steven Sharif
As we said in the past, were not really about that black powder life. Instead it's really going to be focused on the arcane arts: The elements; the use of radiance and darkness; and then those being employed in larger weaponry, such as the type of siege weaponry between ship battles as well as those and sieges. A potion launcher is an example of the arcane energies that can be mastered in order to facilitate these highly destructive alchemical blends that can be created. – Steven Sharif
Objective-based events such as Node sieges, Castle sieges, Guild wars, and Node wars will occur within a prime-time window somewhere between 3PM and 9PM server time. This is subject to testing.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges are located in a separate zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
- Players may choose to respawn at their HQ as long as they are registered.
- Players could potentially intercept stragglers with the guild war or flagging system en route to the siege field.
Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat that does not depend on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
- Certain siege mechanics may be gated for specific size groups during sieges.
- There will not be a deserter debuff for leaving a siege before it is complete.
- More will be revealed in an upcoming blog entry.
- A siege summon will have an incremental size based on the number of summoners participating in that summon activity, with a maximum of eight.
- The number of summoners participating in the summon will determine its overall size.
- All summoners must be in the same party and the party leader must be a summoner.
- The party leader initiates the summon and then takes control of it.
- Once summoned, the party leader cannot be changed.
- If the party disbands, the summon ends. There will be a grace period to handle disconnects.
- The party may also contain non-Summoners.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse siege equipment
- Siege weapons available to the attacking side include Trebuchets and Battering Rams.
- Siege weapons available to the defending side include Ballistas and Traps.
- Siege weapons are deployable and piloted by players.
With regards to alpha one phase one however in the castle siege system... what will happen is static siege equipment that's placed in the map for the attackers to utilize that will present at focal points of PvP in the match where defenders will know where to target a specific area on the field in order to attack.  – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege mechanics
- The matchmaker will attempt to assign a player their selected side (referred to as role in the article) but it may allocate another side so as to shorten queue times.
- Once in the match, a player's side will not change.
- Players can see the numbers of players in their raid who have selected each class.
- Players will have a limited amount of time to lock in their class choice. If they miss the window, the least selected class choice will be automatically chosen for them.
- There is no limit to the number of a specific class that may be on a team, however the developers note that composition will be important from a strategic perspective.
- Classes cannot be swapped during a match, but this may change based on testing.
There will be a timeframe for preparation where attackers and defenders take positions and prepare weaponry.
- Siege weaponry will include ballistas, trebuchets, battering rams and potentially traps and "powder keg" type weapons.
When you join into the castle siege in Apocalypse you're going to be able to select one of six classes. Right and upon selecting those classes then you're going to be placed on your starting side, whether it be the attacker or defenders; and then you're going to be able to start preparations. It's gonna be a little bit of a loading time where you have selected those classes. You're going to take positions perhaps and whatnot; and there are siege weaponry that's going to be present there as you see here some ballistas, some trebuchets, a battering ram and maybe some traps and some powder keg kind of stuff available to destroy some things. – Steven Sharif
- Siege weapons available to the attacking side include Trebuchets and Battering Rams.
There will be a variety of siege weapons available to the Attacking side including Trebuchets and Battering Rams. Trebuchets’ range will be long enough to reach the enemy ballistas from their initial placement points. These placement points will be out of player character’s weapon range from the castle walls, but within ballista range, and scattered on the battlefield. – Margaret Krohn
Once inside the castle, the attackers need to hold objectives.
- There are objectives within the castle, such as killing guard captains.
- Attackers must destroy key strategic objectives to swing the battle in their favor.
- Defenders must protect key strategic objectives to maintain advantage.
- Holding capture points increase or decrease the duration of the map, change the opposing side's respawn times and give buffs to the side that holds them.
- Players can also respawn on capture points that they hold.
The ultimate objective of the attackers is to reach the center keep of the castle to channel on the final relic that's present in order to achieve victory.
The defenders are attempting to hold out as long as possible, but they can also rush the field to the enemy encampment or headquarters to attempt to damage their ability to siege.
- Attempt to take out attacker's siege weapons.
- Attempt to capture attacker's control points to increase their spawn time and decrease the total match time.
If a Defender captures an Attacker’s Control Point, the total match time decreases, the Attacker Teams’ respawn time increases, and it also provides a temporary morale buff to the entire Defender’s side. Defenders will also be able to teleport to any Control Points that have been taken. – Margaret Krohn
Siege weapons available to the defending side include Ballistas and Traps.
Ballistas will have fixed positions on castle towers. Traps will be placeable items that the Defending Team can use to damage and crowd control their enemies. Note that these items are destructible by the Attacking Team. – Margaret Krohn
- Upon death, players join a respawn queue shared with their teammates.
2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2019-01-12
- Video, 28 May 2021 (25:44).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Video, 28 May 2021 (11:55).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (37:05).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (20:49).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (17:08).
- Livestream, 28 May 2021 (1:04:29).
- Ashes of Creation Store: The Gilded Galleon.
- Podcast, 29 September 2021 (56:50).
- Podcast, 15 November 2020 (22:22).
- Livestream, 16 June 2017 (43:01).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (17:57).
- Interview, 29 July 2020 (31:05).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (13:13).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (22:37).
- Livestream, 30 April 2021 (41:18).
- Podcast, 11 April 2021 (49:40).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (1:12:51).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (37:05).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (10:06).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (28:01).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (14:59).
- Video, 17 July 2019 (0:00).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (35:44).
- Castle Siege Overview.
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (54:06).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (30:29).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (56:11).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (37:45).