Trophy park is an area within Town, City or Metropolis nodes that has available spots for trophies. These trophies show the character names of players who are the first to complete world bosses and dungeon bosses that were spawned as the result of the development of that particular node.
- Server announcements and achievements are designed to encourage groups to experience new content.
Relics are achievements for a node that unlock over time. They allow node citizens to craft certain legendary items and progress in certain legendary quest lines.
- Relics are embodiments of certain types of achievements. You may have the scale of a dragon that's been defeated- the all-scale aspect of it- and from that every week a citizen might be able to derive one scale material component that can be used across a plethora of high-end types of crafting. – Steven Sharif
- Relics automatically manifest in the node's reliquary when specific conditions are met by that node. For example, it may require a certain number of citizens to accomplish a particular achievement a number of times before the relic is granted to the node.
- Let's say for example there is a dragon nearby and this dragon is a large raid boss; and the number of citizens that the node has that participates in that raid the first time- if you have 30 citizens present you may not achieve the relic. And it's not a matter of capturing it at that location taking back to the city. It'll automatically manifest within the reliquary if a number of citizens accomplish a particular achievement a number of times necessary to create the relic. So if you only have 30 citizens present at that raid boss you may need to do that raid boss four or five six times in order to unlock the achievement which grants the relic in the reliquary. So it's essentially incentivizing the citizens to participate in the world events around the node. – Steven Sharif
- Relics can also be awarded for accomplishments that span many different progression paths, such the number of citizens achieving advanced stages of their artisan classes.
- The other component of relics that's important to note is that it's not just adventuring relics, these are accomplishments that span a lot of the different progression paths. So you could have accomplishments get unlocked by how many number of citizens achieve you know the creation of a particular type of item. You may have now an alchemical genius that is a citizen of your node and as a result there is an alchemical relic that's been granted to your reliquary in a similar fashion to the dragon. – Steven Sharif
- Relics stored in a node's reliquary grant passive and active benefits to node citizens and vassal states.
- Limited access to the relics stored in a node's reliquary are granted to players after a node is destroyed by a node siege. Benefits are also conferred to those who capture, steal, or sabotage relics held the reliquary.
- Looting a relic from a node will create a shard of the relic, which can be used in recipes for certain crafted items and enchantments; or it can be consumed for a single-use buff that reflects the original relic's purpose. These shards can be traded.
- Relics include the four Ancient artifacts of Verra that were originally discovered by King Atrax in his pursuit of the power of The Essence.
- These artifacts were in close alignment to The Essence on Verra due to their proximity to the ley lines of Essence spread across the world.
- These artifacts were originally housed in the vault of Fallow's Hold, which is one of the great dungeons of Ashes of Creation, located near the capital city of the ancient Toren empire, Torall.
- Constellations enable the acquisition of certain relics.
- Certain relics can only be discovered through exploration.
The four Ancient artifacts of Verra were originally discovered by King Atrax in his pursuit of the power of The Essence. These artifacts were in close alignment to The Essence on Verra due to their proximity to the ley lines of Essence spread across the world. These artifacts were originally housed in the vault of Fallow's Hold, which is one of the great dungeons of Ashes of Creation, located near the capital city of the ancient Toren empire, Torall.
- The Golden Chalice was believed to bring everlasting life but was actually allowing the corruption of manipulating The Essence to enter the soul through the physical representation of drinking something.
- The Crown represented a direct link The Ancients had into the thought process of King Atrax that the Ancients were able to manipulate.
- The Sword brought unusual power through manipulation of the evil side of the Essence, which is how Atrax maintained his dominance over his people: through physical might, essentially striking down any foe that opposed him among his administration.
- The Staff enabled Atrax to project his magic across great distances, which enabled him to extend his power and manipulation throughout the lands of Verra and allowed him to maintain vigilance over his realm.
Achievements will be across multiple servers, not just for guilds or groups.
- World and server first achievements.
- There will be leader boards.
- There may be visible items on a character that relate to Titles or Achievements.
- Certain titles will unlock special abilities or stats during sieges and events.
It kind of redefines what the players will experience in an MMORPG to come into a wilderness that is devoid of really any structure outside of what the community creates themselves; and then what can be created can be changed, if they want to experience a storyline that's been seen on another server, but you know you're fighting a dragon because you're near a mountain and the other server's fighting a Kraken because they're near the coast and you want to fight that Kraken because of its drop table. If you want to meta it or because you just want that under your belt: to be the server first to take out that Kraken and you have yet to develop the node there, you know it's incumbent upon you to manifest that in the game. – Steven Sharif
There will be a mix of character-based and account-based achievements.
Titles are unlocked by achievements in aspects of the game.
- Social organizations.
- Guild leaders.
- Guild officers.
- Guild castles.
- Node governments.
- Priests, bishops or acolytes in certain temples.
- Patron guild leader.
- Chief bounty hunter.
- Node sieges / Events
There's social organizations, there's religions, there's Mayor, there's Kings and Queens, there's Guild Leaders, there's Guild officers: All of those can incorporate particular types of titles that grant you access to certain things; and you know that's part of our risk versus reward. That's part of our not everybody gets a trophy. These are achievements that we want you to strive for and there's plenty of those types of achievements within the game because there's lots of nodes and there's lots of different pseudo factions that exist that you get to identify and say "Oh I'd like to do that particular thing very well and better than others." And you can strive to do so. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation gathers tracking data to facilitate achievements, titles and other accolades on a server.
- Number of successful siege defenses.
- Number of successful siege assaults.
- Number of PvP kills.
- Number of PvP deaths.
- Raid participation points.
- Number of firsts.
Visibility of those types of things on the server help to promote a competitive atmosphere. If there is an attainable impression that you can work towards, so that others know your success, you have more drive to succeed. – Steven Sharif
There will be dungeon and raid leader boards.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Podcast, August 4, 2018 (1:35:58).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Interview, July 18, 2020 (56:11).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Podcast, September 29, 2021 (10:49).
- ↑ Livestream, February 9, 2018 (29:26).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Livestream, April 29, 2022 (27:00).
- ↑ Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:22:40).
- ↑ Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:33:10).
- ↑ Livestream, October 14, 2022 (52:31).
- ↑ Podcast, September 29, 2021 (14:21).
- ↑ Interview, July 8, 2020 (57:46).
- ↑ Livestream, April 30, 2020 (1:14:44).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 16.4 16.5 Livestream, November 8, 2020 (15:01).
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Livestream, November 8, 2020 (00:49).
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 Livestream, November 8, 2020 (07:58).
- ↑ Video, December 2, 2022 (11:11).
- ↑ Livestream, February 24, 2023 (6:51).
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Livestream, November 30, 2020 (52:56).
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 Livestream, May 15, 2017 (44:10).
- ↑ Podcast, August 4, 2018 (59:23).
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 24.5 24.6 Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:52:45).
- ↑ Livestream, May 22, 2017 (28:02).
- ↑ Livestream, July 9, 2018 (47:17).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 27.3 27.4 27.5 27.6 27.7 27.8 Livestream, June 25, 2021 (1:35:08).
- ↑ Interview, July 19, 2020 (23:29).
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 29.2 Livestream, May 26, 2017 (37:17).
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 30.3 30.4 30.5 30.6 Livestream, July 26, 2019 (1:20:48).
- ↑ Livestream, May 17, 2017 (58:18).
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 Livestream, September 27, 2018 (55:39).
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Livestream, November 17, 2017 (9:49).
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 34.2 34.3 34.4 34.5 34.6 Podcast, August 4, 2018 (1:47:21).
- ↑ 35.0 35.1
- ↑ Livestream, July 18, 2017 (58:50).