It's the fourth anniversary of Ashes of Creation Wiki! Thanks for all of your wonderful support over the years.
- Players that are not in the same party, raid, alliance, or guild will not be able to see other player's health percentages or exact health bar values.
- A player's name plate will deteriorate to give an indication of how much damage they have taken.
With regards to seeing another player's health: As you know their name plate will deteriorate or give you an indication of like hey they've taken damage they're significantly injured, but you're not going to get a percentage. You're not gonna get an exact bar value, unless you're in their party or in their raid. – Steven Sharif
Most stats are contested, which means you're kind of testing your rating versus other people's ratings. So you kind of figure out what the end result is... but we're not going to go for like hard caps for sure. – Jeffrey Bard
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Devotion||Launch an orb of energy into the air that will fall upon your target, healing them.||The energy orb will travel faster and heal for more.||The target will be infused with a slow, long-lasting healing effect.|
|Divine Censure||Hurls a radiant spear at the target, dealing damage.||Further attacks upon the target have a chance to heal the attacker.||The target has a chance to deal damage to itself when it attacks.|
|Divine Light||Heals your target with a flash of light. Reduces the cooldown of Devotion and Radiant Burst.||Increased healing.||Reduced mana cost.|
|Drain Essence||Drain your target for damage over time, and gain return mana to yourself over the duration.||Heals you over the duration.||Reduced cooldown.|
|Hallowed Ground||Fills the surrounding area with radiant energy that damages enemies.||The area provides a healing aura for allies.||Allies within the area will receive boosted magical defense. Enemies within the area will deal less physical damage.|
|Radiant Burst||Heals allies around you in a wide area for a large amount. Stacks up to 3 times.||Heals for a greater amount.||Cooldown removed.|
|Regeneration||Bathe your target with restorative energy that heals them over time.||Reduced mana cost.||Applies a 5% healing received bonus to the target.|
- Although traditional roles are present, players should not feel branded by their primary archetype.
- Skill augments available through the class system allow characters to be personalized outside of their primary role.
- Players can also double down on their archetype choice to strengthen their primary role.
We have our eight base archetypes; and the trinity is a pretty strong influence with regards to the eight base classes. However the area in which we actually begin to play with that line between the trinity is in the secondary classes that you can pick. That's where we begin to blend those spaces and allow people a little bit of influence over their role and whether or not they fit perfectly within a particular category within the trinity. – Steven Sharif
- Each secondary archetype offers four different schools of augmentation. Each augment school affects a primary archetype's skills in different ways.
- For example: A Mage offers Teleportation and elemental schools of augments. These augments will affect a Fighter's primary skills differently than a Cleric's.
- Each augmentation has a level requirement and number of skill points required to activate it.
- There's going to be a certain threshold at which you can no longer augment your active abilities based on the decisions you've augmented previous abilities, so you'll have to pick and choose which ones you want to apply the augments towards; and certain augments will have more expense required on the skill point side. – Steven Sharif
- Augments to primary skills will fundamentally change the way the ability works: Adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary archetype.
- Changing the augmentations on your skills will require you to go to a NPC in a Village node or higher.
- Some spell colors and general FX change based on augments.
- Active skills could look totally different after an augment gets applied.
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- In terms of skill progression, players can choose to go "wide" and get a number of different abilities, or go "deep" into a few specific abilities.
- Players are able to reset and reallocate their skill points.
Making active skills capable of receiving additional skill point allocations and unlocking additional features so that from a player agency standpoint it's going to be up to you whether or not you want to be more diverse but less depth- wider and not taller, in some of these skill choices. Or if you want to be very very tall, that's going to be something that is up to the player in that regard. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:33:37).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (1:40:48).
- Livestream, 30 July 2021 (1:10:34).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:15:02).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (25:39).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (7:31).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (15:21).
- Livestream, 30 May 2017 (16:25).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (1:02:08).
- Video, 1 November 2020 (1:09).
- Video, 1 November 2020 (0:51).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Video, 23 December 2020 (1:04).
- Blog: Blazing the way - Mage Alpha One Preview.
- Video, 1 November 2020 (0:45).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:22:45).
- Podcast, 11 April 2021 (13:30).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (46:04).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:40:16).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (1:00:44).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (22:27).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:05:04).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:47:55).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (41:56).
- Livestream, 17 December 2019 (1:13:14).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:07:06).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:09:22).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:45).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (53:15).
- Livestream, 24 September 2021 (1:18:06).
- Livestream, 25 June 2021 (23:08).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:12:50).
- Interview, 29 July 2020 (55:44).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (53:59).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:07:51).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (19:05).
- Livestream, 16 November 2017 (30:02).
- Interview, 29 July 2020 (54:44).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:19:24).