Kings and Queens
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Guilds have a period of time to level up in order to siege these castles.
- The attacking guilds need to fight the NPCs and kill a raid boss at the center of the castle.
- There will not be a relic to capture, instead whichever guild had highest contributing DPS against the raid boss will capture the castle.
- Castle nodes around NPC run castles will not be present.
Benefits of guild castles
- These benefits increase the longer a guild holds its castle.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Levy taxes for the purposes of defense (additional to taxes already imposed by node governments).
- Activate events and abilities that benefit node citizens under their rule.
- Establish special relationships with Mayors to help build up the three dedicated castle nodes.
- Unlock additional types of buildings in nodes.
- Exert control and pressure over one of the five economic regions.
- Dragon mounts are classed as royal mounts (tier 3) that are capable of true flight when utilized by Mayors of metropolis nodes or Kings and Queens of Guild castles.
- Dragon eggs can also drop from legendary world bosses. These will be temporary mounts that exist for a limited duration.
- These may only be granted if the castle nodes are successfully established prior to the siege.
- Node A grants 1 undermount, Node B grants 2 undermounts, and Node C grants 2 undermounts.
- This system is subject to change during testing.
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (37:17).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:39:02).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (21:55).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:31:11).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (49:30).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (47:27).
- Podcast, 5 May 2017 (52:32).
- Video, 20 August 2019 (0:0).
- Livestream, 27 September 2019 (39:09).
- Livestream, 27 September 2019 (40:01).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Livestream, 30 September 2019 (1:39:01).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (49:46).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ochre Legion Wyrmling.
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (1:05:41).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (56:06).