Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Different classes excel at different skills.
- All classes will have maneuverability/traversal utility abilities.
- There will be a grappling hook utility skill or item.
- Classes will have utility abilities, such as detecting traps and other hazards. For example: The Mage's detection spell casts light and reveals magical explosive hazards.
- Certain classes are able to climb/parkour in certain areas.
- Certain classes (such as Rogues) will have stealth abilities.
- Rogues may also have a spyglass utility skill.
- Certain objects exist in the world (such as ladders and slides) that aid player mobility.
We don't just have the approach of your class being reflected in your combat abilities but also there are utility abilities that certain classes have that other classes don't have. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Camouflage||Grants stealth at a distance. At mid and short range the Ranger is revealed.||-||-|
|Family summon||Long duration cast (30 seconds to a minute) with an approximate 30 minute cooldown that slowly summons each of your family members to your location (up to eight members). Players cannot be summoned in the following cases:||-||-|
|Pathfinding||Reveals corrupted player locations on the bounty hunter's map. Activating this ability will flag the bounty hunter for combat only to corrupted players for a period of one hour from the time of activation. The pathfinding ability can be toggled on or off.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.|
|Pathfinding/es||Revela las ubicaciones de los jugadores corruptos en el mapa del cazarrecompensas . Activar esta habilidad marcará al cazarrecompensas para combatir solo contra los jugadores corruptos durante una hora a partir del momento de la activación. La habilidad de rastreo puede activarse o desactivarse.||La precisión de la habilidad de rastreo viene determinada por la progresión del jugador en el sistema de cazarrecompensas..||La precisión de la habilidad de rastreo viene determinada por la progresión del jugador en el sistema de cazarrecompensas..|
|Stealth||This does not render a player completely invisible. Instead, there will be indicators that can help players "feel out" where stealthed individuals may be.||-||-|
- Jumping puzzles are present in early Alpha-1 dungeon gameplay footage.
- Jumping puzzles were present in the Alpha-0 Dünheim dungeon.
- Players that drown will respawn on shore.
- The developers are requesting feedback on the intensity of illumination and darkness that will be present in Alpha-2.
- In more survival oriented games you're expected to have really dark night times because you utilize instruments like torches and lights that can be present, but when you think about an MMORPG and you think about the types of player numbers and player count you're expected to have in certain locations and dungeons, you need to be able to accommodate those types of visibility lines and those mechanics around that large multiplayer environment. So when you guys are giving feedback think about whether or not you want the outside night time to really be very dark, or if you want that to be reserved for specific locations in game, like certain dungeons and towers where we can utilize mechanics like different types of lighting mechanisms in order to facilitate that more dark feel. – Steven Sharif
- Video, May 9, 2017 (0:57).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (42:49).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (30:34).
- Livestream, May 12, 2017 (33:10).
- Livestream, May 12, 2017 (18:00).
- Livestream, May 15, 2017 (15:10).
- Livestream, January 18, 2018 (34:56).
- Livestream, June 28, 2019 (1:21:46).
- Livestream, October 29, 2021 (1:07:11).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (57:41).
- Interview, July 19, 2020 (1:20:58).
- Podcast, July 26, 2020 (1:34:47).
- Podcast, July 26, 2020 (1:32:15).
- Interview, April 27, 2017 (9:28).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (48:00).
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (1:12:27).
- Livestream, May 3, 2017 (49:39).
- Video, May 31, 2020 (26:42).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (39:49).
- Livestream, February 9, 2018 (10:42).
- Livestream, May 19, 2017 (38:46).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (1:08:27).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (50:22).
- Video, February 7, 2017 (0:02).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.
- Livestream, December 2, 2022 (53:01).
- Livestream, December 2, 2022 (1:08:06).