Jump to navigation Jump to search
Death from afar is the ranger's raison d'etre. A master of the bow and ranged combat, the Ranger is more than happy to let others get their hands dirty. No one else has such a keen eye in natural environments.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Airstrike||Leap forward in the direction the character is facing, raining down three projectiles that deal AoE damage and roots enemies in its path. The root effect is nature based.|
|Camouflage||Grants stealth at a distance. At mid and short range the Ranger is revealed.||-||-|
|Quick Shot||Ranged attack that applies a debuff to the target. Each additional quickshot against the same target does increasing damage but consumes one of three charges that regenerate over time.|
|Snipe||A powerful charged attack.|
- Hunts will be discussed in a future update. They are a Ranger specific mechanic, and also a school of the Ranger’s augments. They confer a number of different types of effects to your target, but the fx are particularly fun. – Steven Sharif
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- There will be a setting to determine if the ranged weapon or main/offhand is the primary weapon to use for Q or left-mouse-button basic attacks.
- Let's say you use Power shot: You click Power shot, you quickly switch over to the ranged weapon, execute the skill, and you're back to your primary focus, which is the sword and shield; and then for weapon attacks like your Q or your left mouse button, you would have the option to to set which is your focus, the ranged weapon, or the main offhand selection and you can swap back and forth between that as you want. – Steven Sharif
- While melee characters have a max distance proximity where they're eligible to use their sword and melee weapons, Rangers are going to have a minimum distance requirement. – Steven Sharif
List of ranged weapons
2022-10-20 2022-10-02 2022-10-02 2022-10-01 2022-10-01 2022-10-01 2022-09-29 2022-09-29 2022-08-11
- Twitter - Better luck next time.
- Video, September 30, 2022 (10:44).
- Archetype breakdown.
- Livestream, May 31, 2023 (1:10:42).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (15:28).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (16:19).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (14:27).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (40:50).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (16:32).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (47:14).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (46:20).
- Interview, July 9, 2023 (1:11:29).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (23:00).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (0:00).
- Interview, July 29, 2020 (49:53).
- Group dynamics blog.