From Ashes of Creation Wiki
Edit credit to Shaze.
- Bards are intended to amplify a party or raids ability to perform within their own class. 
- Not just intended to increase dps, but also for support, healing, damage reduction, and movement. 
- Telling a story is going to be the thematic component for how the bard interacts with the party. 
- That story is going to enhance player ability to perform, similar to buffing up the party. 
- Not just a buff bot, buffs are short enough in duration that bards won't be invited to party for buffs and then kicked 
- Those buffs are based on performance in combat. 
- The Bard gives nearby allies buff based on skill used. For example a sword slash with a gladiatorial performance attack inspires nearby friends with bonus critical multiplier for 8-10 seconds. 
- Positioning of party members compared to the bard will matter. 
How do you plan on making Bards cool?
- Won't be a hybrid, don't have a role.
- Will make the role meaningful with engaging combat.
- Doesn't have to play musical instruments / lute
[39:00] Will the bard class feature SWG non-combat skills… like music?
- Probably not in that way.
- Will be more based on where the area is, who is taking part
- We do not want a specific class to be the downtime guy
- Bards will have utility out of combat like all classes
- Kickstarter | Image
|Archetypes||Bard • Cleric • Fighter • Mage • Ranger • Rogue • Summoner • Tank|
|Classes||Combination||Paladin • Predator • Spellsword|
|Races||Dwarves||Dünir • Niküa|
|Elves||Empyrean • Py'rai|
|Humans||Kaelar • Vaelune|
|Orcs||Ren'kai • Vek|