It's the fourth anniversary of Ashes of Creation Wiki! Thanks for all of your wonderful support over the years.
- Mana is a universal energy and keeps corresponding stats for mana pool, consumption and regeneration relevant.
- All archetypes will use mana, some more intense than others.
- Even pure melee players will use mana to manipulate The Essence for their extraordinary abilities.
Most stats are contested, which means you're kind of testing your rating versus other people's ratings. So you kind of figure out what the end result is... but we're not going to go for like hard caps for sure. – Jeffrey Bard
- Although traditional roles are present, players should not feel branded by their primary archetype.
- Skill augments available through the class system allow characters to be personalized outside of their primary role.
- Players can also double down on their archetype choice to strengthen their primary role.
We have our eight base archetypes; and the trinity is a pretty strong influence with regards to the eight base classes. However the area in which we actually begin to play with that line between the trinity is in the secondary classes that you can pick. That's where we begin to blend those spaces and allow people a little bit of influence over their role and whether or not they fit perfectly within a particular category within the trinity. – Steven Sharif
- Each secondary archetype offers four different schools of augmentation. Each augment school affects a primary archetype's skills in different ways.
- For example: A Mage offers Teleportation and elemental schools of augments. These augments will affect a Fighter's primary skills differently than a Cleric's.
- Each augmentation has a level requirement and number of skill points required to activate it.
- There's going to be a certain threshold at which you can no longer augment your active abilities based on the decisions you've augmented previous abilities, so you'll have to pick and choose which ones you want to apply the augments towards; and certain augments will have more expense required on the skill point side. – Steven Sharif
- Augments to primary skills will fundamentally change the way the ability works: Adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary archetype.
- Changing the augmentations on your skills will require you to go to a NPC in a Village node or higher.
- Some spell colors and general FX change based on augments.
- Active skills could look totally different after an augment gets applied.
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- In terms of skill progression, players can choose to go "wide" and get a number of different abilities, or go "deep" into a few specific abilities.
- Players are able to reset and reallocate their skill points.
Making active skills capable of receiving additional skill point allocations and unlocking additional features so that from a player agency standpoint it's going to be up to you whether or not you want to be more diverse but less depth- wider and not taller, in some of these skill choices. Or if you want to be very very tall, that's going to be something that is up to the player in that regard. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:14:54).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:15:02).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (25:39).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (7:31).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (15:21).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (1:40:48).
- Livestream, 30 May 2017 (16:25).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (1:02:08).
- Podcast, 11 April 2021 (13:30).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (46:04).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:40:16).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (1:00:44).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (22:27).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:05:04).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:47:55).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (41:56).
- Livestream, 17 December 2019 (1:13:14).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:07:06).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:09:22).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:45).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (53:15).
- Livestream, 24 September 2021 (1:18:06).
- Livestream, 25 June 2021 (23:08).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:12:50).
- Interview, 29 July 2020 (55:44).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (53:59).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:07:51).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (19:05).
- Livestream, 16 November 2017 (30:02).
- Interview, 29 July 2020 (54:44).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:19:24).