Items on back and belt
Items attached to a character's back or belt represent items they are in possession of. Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
A big component of the MMORPG that - half of that you know acronym is RPG role-playing game. And in order to role-play you need to be able to represent kind of what your character is doing in that world and you know part of what animation is doing is creating these sockets on the let's say the belt or the back that you know can plug in certain types of props or items that are created by the character team, like Carson, you know might be a scroll tube, it might be a potion, it might be whatever: Those players will have the ability as we've discussed in the past will have the ability to select what they want to be represented in those sockets and then animation will make sure that jibe well in movement. – Steven Sharif
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- There will be a setting to determine if the ranged weapon or main/offhand selection is your primary weapon to use for Q or left-mouse-button attacks.
Let's say you use Power shot: You click Power shot, you quickly switch over to the ranged weapon, execute the skill, and you're back to your primary focus, which is the the sword and shield; and then for weapon attacks like your Q or your left mouse button, you would have the option to to set which is your focus, the ranged weapon, or the main offhand selection and you can swap back and forth between that as you want. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will we get any a longer range free aim weapons like we had in APOC, able to snipe players from long distances?
- A: It's probably unlikely that you're going to see in a similar way to what we had in APOC with a long bow or the short bow, that type of distance traveled. I think in APOC we had a 250 meter cut off for the long bows. – Steven Sharif
- The cooldown will be in the range of a few seconds.
For the MMORPG we want there to be some time between damage received or damage done before you can swap your weapon. It's not going to be substantial. It will maybe be a few seconds. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:15:02).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (24:54).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:09:13).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (49:08).
- Livestream, 25 June 2021 (21:56).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (19:48).
- Podcast, 29 September 2021 (40:50).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (16:32).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (47:14).
- Podcast, 29 September 2021 (46:20).
- Podcast, 29 September 2021 (43:02).
- Livestream, 16 June 2017 (40:06).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (33:36).
- Video, 17 August 2018 (0:01).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:03:45).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:15:58).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (34:32).