- Certain bosses and encounters will feature specific original sound tracks.
- Music from Alpha-1 and on livestream Dev updates is placeholder music. It is not intended music for Ashes of Creation at launch.
- The soundtrack is going to incorporate either elements of intrigue or mystery or horror that's part of winding through that level to get to that boss, it's building up to the crescendo of the fight. Music is such an important part of setting the scene- the emotional presence of what you are doing in this immersive world. It elicits emotional responses. And we have a great composer Bear McCreary who has worked on God of War, Battlestar Galactica, Outlander, Black Sails; a lot of great franchises and great IPs; and I think he is going to do an awesome job in capturing the essence of what that emotional response should be from a player. – Steven Sharif
- When we put out any music in our game... we want content creators to be able to create content utilizing our game. So just message us and we'll try to resolve any of those [DMCA] problems if you encounter any. – Margaret Krohn
- Custom music creation (using the likes of the Music Macro Language) will not be present in the game on release.
- Musical instruments.
- Social animations such as dancing and emotes.
- Chat bubbles.
- Roleplay-specific items, such as flowers.
- Roleplaying events and ceremonies, such as weddings.
- Easter eggs out in the world.
- Social buildings provide spaces for players to gather and tell/share stories, while also affecting the game and interacting with the world.
- Parlor games.
- Players can run a business based on role playing.
A MMO lives and breathes on its community and we don't really want to give short shrift to any one of those types. All of them are important: the RPers are important, the people who just want to hang out in the Inn and talk are important, they all add to the game and so we want to make sure that we take care of all of them... You can run a business based on RPing. – Jeffrey Bard
- Interview, June 13, 2021 (11:15).
- Livestream, June 25, 2021 (1:07:45).
- Livestream, June 28, 2019 (1:21:02).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (40:15).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (1:18:37).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (1:15:35).
- The mighty beard!
- Livestream, May 30, 2019 (1:09:13).
- Livestream, May 17, 2017 (44:42).
- Interview, February 7, 2021 (55:22).
- Livestream, January 29, 2021 (1:20:05).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (37:25).
- Video, April 5, 2018 (44:06).