- These nodes will have specific water oriented influences and abilities, services, questlines, that relate to the seas.
- Coastal nodes change the spawn tables of the nearby water content and can also trigger specific events.
- Harbors in coastal nodes will have quest lines that relate to the ocean and nearby islands.
- It may be possible to siege a coastal city by sea.
- Harbors have a disembarkation zone that merchant ships can cross to be guided into the harbor.
- Coastal nodes have hooks to points of interest that take control of harbors.
- Harbors will grant quests that are related to naval content.
- Harbors will provide a number of services including upgrades to ships.
- Harbors offer objective-based naval gameplay during node sieges.
- There will be harbors that boats can go inside of those will be present along the coast. Harbors can pop up as a result of a node being developed nearby, if it's near the coast or if a node itself is on the coast it can have a harbor component to it. There will likely be quests that are granted from this harbor, specifically with regards to the sea and sea content; and what you can do in this harbor will be a lot of different things including upgrades to the boats. – Steven Sharif
- Various professions can craft ship components. These components can be sold to other players.
- Ships are built in adherence to a recipe. That recipe requires components. Those components adhere to different crafting professions that require a player to intersect and/or craft or purchase those components from the different professions and then once they have those accumulated they can do the construction process through the recipe system at a harbor.
- Ships may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor crafting stations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.
- Players can choose which "joints" get populated with either offensive weaponry, defensive, or utility attachments they want on their ship prior to construction completion. The types of attachments that are available are dictated by the ship's class. – Steven Sharif
- There are absolutely attachments that can apply to the ship and some of those are decorative in nature. There are also slots that have utility aspects to them as well but are also decorative. – Steven Sharif
- Ships will likely not have closed spaces or internal compartments such as Captain's quarters.
- We are trying to stay away from internal compartments within the ships because that presents a whole different type of user interface and flow that can be a bit cumbersome and problematic, especially in combat and in closed spaces. So we're trying to stay away from that under deck aspect and keep things all on deck for better readability on the player side. – Steven Sharif
- Ships (excluding Naval caravans) can only be summoned from a port or harbor.
- Ships may be able to be summoned in rivers (or other bodies of water) depending on the depth of the water.
- Naval caravans are initiated when a land-based caravan intersects with an ocean.
- You can summon your ships up but you'll need to summon them from land, which means that if something happens to your armada out at sea you won't have backups to just summon immediately in the middle of the fight... They'll have to do so from shore somewhere from some port or harbor. – Steven Sharif
- Unlike merchant ships, naval caravans are capable of transitioning to and from land caravans at the point of intersection of land and ocean.
- Naval caravans come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default naval caravans have a racial appearance. Players will be able to apply caravan skins to change this appearance.
- Sailing NPCs.
- Frigates or galleon ships.
- Raid bosses.
- Quest givers.
- General sea-based NPCs.
There's an NPC structure that exists out in the oceans. These take the form of sailing NPCs, fortresses, whether that be large frigate or galleon based ships, and they take the form of raid bosses. They take the form of general sea-based NPCs. There's treasures that you can find on land and explore out at sea, as obviously one of the missions is why you would be going out to sea. There's escort missions that you can participate in... Some of those are straightforward and interact but with an NPC to receive a quest for; and some of those have to be discovered at sea. So these are all things that are make that type of area in an MMO exciting. You don't just want to have water for water's sake. You want to have water because it's a different experience from a content perspective than what's on land; and in order to be a different experience you have to have that content. – Steven Sharif
- Aquatic mounts.
- Coastal nodes.
- Island chains.
- Naval caravans.
- Naval NPCs.
- Naval PvP.
- Trade routes.
- Treasure hunting.
- Underwater dungeons.
- Livestream, August 17, 2018 (58:53).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Interview, July 19, 2020 (48:05).
- Livestream, May 19, 2017 (37:51).
- Livestream, May 17, 2017 (30:53).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Livestream, March 26, 2021 (48:42).
- Livestream, August 26, 2022 (1:26:58).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:59:09).
- Livestream, July 9, 2018 (30:35).
- Podcast, April 11, 2021 (36:43).
- Livestream, October 14, 2022 (58:46).
- Livestream, February 25, 2022 (1:15:50).
- Livestream, October 28, 2022 (1:39:25).
- Livestream, May 19, 2017 (50:45).
- Livestream, October 29, 2021 (1:15:57).
- Interview, August 17, 2018 (36:29).
- Podcast, November 15, 2020 (23:30).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (1:19:27).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (1:19:59).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (1:20:06).
- Livestream, May 28, 2021 (1:52:15).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (1:08:27).
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (1:28:38).
- Podcast, May 11, 2018 (11:51).
- Livestream, April 30, 2020 (56:58).
- Livestream, April 30, 2020 (58:05).
- Livestream, August 26, 2022 (1:20:17).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (AM) (15:46).
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (1:28:38).
- Livestream, September 30, 2020 (40:52).
- Video, November 9, 2017 (0:01).
- Livestream, August 23, 2017 (28:22).
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (1:09:00).
- Livestream, February 25, 2022 (1:04:29).