- The frequency and size of expansions will be based on the popularity and subscription base of the game.
- Larger expansions will add new content and increase various aspects of the game.
- New content will primarily be introduced through the node system. The goal is for existing content to remain relevant alongside the new content.
- Expansions provide an opportunity for the developers to evaluate ways to unlock content that was not readily experienced by players in the previous release.
- Each inflection point, which is those updates as expansions... you get to go back reevaluate. Hey, it seems like 89% of the servers out there never opened this door. Well, maybe the predicates were too granular. Maybe they were too focused. Maybe there's a reason why that didn't happen? Let's expand on that for the next expansion so that this content has an opportunity to come out and see the light of day. – Steven Sharif
- There will be no region locking, but certain regions will have "harmonized" subscription prices that better reflect their local economies. Harmonized regions will be segregated from other regions.
- Certain regions will have "harmonized" subscription prices that better reflect their local economies. Harmonized regions will be segregated from other regions. – Ry Schueller
- Lifetime subscriptions were granted to crowdfunding backers at the Braver of worlds level or higher. These will never be available again.
- Subscriptions will begin at launch or, subject to change, a user may be able to choose to activate their subscription to start at a particular point in time.
- I think a sub cost provides both the barrier of entry to prevent, some not all, but mitigate some gold selling bots and whatnot because there's a cost associated with playing the game, but it's also not too high that it gets on the greedy side or prevents a lot of players from participating and trying the game; and then if the game is good then people will continue to subscribe and that subscription provides funding and revenue for the developers to continue a significant content creation and expansion rollout for the game. – Steven Sharif
- There is no P2W in Apocalypse or the MMORPG!
Nobody should feel that they have to back the project to see it come to life. It's coming to life regardless of that. You do it because you want to support us and that's fine; and if you don't want to, that's also fine as well. We want to hear your voice and we want you to be part of the community, so that's a very important aspect. Nothing we offer in the pre-order packages are power driven. They don't give any competitive advantage to an individual who backs the game. – Steven Sharif
- Interview, February 7, 2021 (21:57).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (11:14).
- Livestream, August 17, 2018 (1:02:38).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:26:54).
- Interview, June 13, 2021 (42:22).
- Interview, July 9, 2023 (1:02:27).
- Pre-order packs
- Livestream, May 4, 2018 (53:34).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:21:03).
- Livestream, February 26, 2021 (1:08:47).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, October 31, 2018 (38:47).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Livestream, December 23, 2021 (1:23:41).