- The skin changes the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The caravan and mount components of the skin are not able to be utilized separately.
- Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
You'll need your own creature and caravan hooked up to each other, and then the caravan cosmetic skin goes over all of them to make it look like what's pictured. you're not able to split out separately that caravan mount skin, hence why you'd want the separate mount skin if you wanted to ride it independently. – Sarah Flanagan
- Caravans are for the transfer of personal goods, supplies for castles and nodes, as well as quests.
- Caravans are initiated from and arrive at caravanserai node buildings within Village (stage 3) nodes and above.
Personal (Self-directed/player driven) caravans are initiated by the player, who essentially "becomes the caravan". These are land-based and water-based (naval caravans) that the player drives and directs.
- These are currently designed for a single driver.
- Personal caravans are initiated from a caravanserai building at a Village (stage 3) node or higher.
- Personal caravans are capable of transitioning to/from naval caravans.
- Personal caravans will come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default player caravans will have a racial appearance that influences the types of animals that are moving the caravan.
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- The flavor text next to store items relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
List of caravan skins
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ramstone Hauler.
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (57:50).
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (1:03:35).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Video, July 16, 2019 (0:00).
- Livestream, May 15, 2017 (45:20).
- Livestream, August 26, 2022 (1:20:17).
- Livestream, July 29, 2022 (3:21).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (28:21).
- Interview, January 20, 2017 (4:19).
- Livestream, April 30, 2020 (58:05).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (19:43).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (AM) (15:46).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Caravan skins.
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (56:02).
- Rime and Regal.
- Livestream, December 6, 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (58:24).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (32:36).