|Query: Is the "hero system" a stand-alone system? How does this relate to the "champion" system for military node elections?|
Potentially one of the contenders for our Military Metropolis unique benefits would be access to a kind of hero system based cross-server competition for specific archetypes, but we're still in discussions about that. – Steven Sharif
- An idea currently under consideration is to have players build out a champion that they can then fight in the arena, rather then using their regular characters. These champions can be equipped with gear and skills via quests, along with materials and gold to make the champion stronger.
- The reason for the champion idea is because the game isn't balanced for 1v1 PvP. Utilizing champions makes arena combat more of a level playing ground.
- Arena style combat is instanced but spectators may be possible through an interface.
- The winner of the combat can not transfer the mayoralty to another player.
Unique node buildings
Each node type has a unique node building associated with it that can be activated at the Village stage of node advancement. The unique building plays a central role in the progress of civilization for a server.
- Divine nodes
- Economic nodes
- Military nodes
- Scientific nodes
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (29:05).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Interview, July 19, 2020 (26:54).
- Podcast, May 11, 2018 (52:20).
- Interview, March 27, 2020 (09:05).
- Interview, March 27, 2020 (11:04).
- Livestream, March 26, 2021 (1:17:20).
- Livestream, September 1, 2018 (36:28).
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.