- There are also specific progression-based currencies that cannot be traded.
- Monsters don't drop gold, they instead drop hunting certificates.
- Game currency does not have weight.
- There is no cap on how much currency a player can hold.
- By redeeming Intrepid Bucks.
- By purchasing Pre-order packs.
- By direct purchase from the Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Adventure paths in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse, allowed players to earn embers just for playing. Those embers will carry over into the MMORPG.
Once used, embers cannot be refunded or exchanged for different items.
- This only applies to purchases made with an applicable payment method. Purchases redeemed using Intrepid Bucks are not eligible.
- Personal information, including usernames, are not used for referrals due to privacy constraints.
- Referrals cannot be retroactively attached to an existing account.
- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- Need before greed
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
- In-game currency will not be able to be used to purchase subscription time. This may change in the future.
We want to make sure that there's no "interactability" between any type of pay-to-win scenario where our players can exchange those in-game types of currencies to pay for subscriptions. – Steven Sharif
- Allowing player-dropped items (such as Gear and Currency) to exist in the world is likely not going to be allowed.
- There will be a standard escalation system, where different actions are taken based on the seriousness of each infraction. Actions could range anywhere from being stripped (of the illegitimate items or currency) to being banned for a period of time, or being permanently banned.
The direction that I'm taking Intrepid as a company in is that a significant portion of the revenue created by the game goes into not only creating additional content and updates for the game but also goes into I think caretaking, as I like to call it; and that caretaking is multiple things: It's having active and present GM's on servers. It's having a an interacting community team that is always present and on-call for participating in forum discussions and streams and updates. – Steven Sharif
Following a standard approach to an escalation system where certain infractions are immediate and automatic bans and some infractions provide a path forward where action is taken that might ban the account or strip the account or provide some chat bans or the ability to play over a week or so... If you buy gold and depending on the the seriousness of the infraction you could go anywhere from being stripped and to being banned for a period of time to being permanently banned. – Steven Sharif
- These systems collect user data and flag abnormal activities for inspection. This combined with player reporting functions generates a live "heat map" that draws attention to unusual behavior.
- Players caught cheating will be banned.
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (27:11).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (44:14).
- Interview, 13 June 2021 (18:40).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (54:00).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (1:07:00).
- Zendesk - What are Embers and how do I use them?
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (1:00:52).
- Ashes of Creation referral program.
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (26:40).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (1:01:40).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:24:56).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (1:12:03).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (20:47).
- Livestream, 30 April 2021 (1:14:49).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (13:19).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (48:30).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (38:35).
- Massively OP, 1 June 2017
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (20:40).