Diamond Tipped Pickaxe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This section contains information from Alpha-1 testing. It will be updated when new information is made available.|
|Resource tiers||1 - 4|
- Purchase from vendor
- Each gathering profession has three gathering tools. Each tool allows gathering of different resource types.
- Gatherers must meet the required artisan certification to utilize tools of that level (or lower).
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Artisan progression unlocks higher level surveying tools that enable better identification of gatherable resources within a location.
- Higher level of progression can also speed up gathering times, resource yields, and may allow access to resources at earlier growth stages.
- A gatherer at maximum proficiency will unlock master toolsets that will grant them access to the highest quality gatherables.
- Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
- Tools will have durability and lifespans.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
- The developers are considering the introduction of gathering tools that require two players, such as two-person saws that can fell larger trees.
- Your progression within the profession will take account what tools you can use. There might even be some opportunity to do some gathering with other players that . Typically in other games that I play you usually do the gathering alone. You're venturing around alone; and we wanted to take a look at maybe having a friend to help you with a two person saw on a larger tree. Maybe there's some panning that you could do as opposed to just hitting with the pickaxe. So, we'll have other tools that are part of that progression path and other activities that players can do if they would like to gather together. – Kory Rice
- Video, November 30, 2023 (7:56).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (5:58).
- Video, June 30, 2023 (3:14).
- Livestream, October 14, 2022 (32:38).
- Interview, March 27, 2020 (9:00).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (38:25).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (16:40).
- Video, October 28, 2022 (26:14).
- Podcast, December 3, 2023 (12:27).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (9:36).
- Video, October 28, 2022 (25:11).
- Livestream, April 30, 2020 (53:11).
- Livestream, July 31, 2020 (1:05:58).