It's the fourth anniversary of Ashes of Creation Wiki! Thanks for all of your wonderful support over the years.
- Gatherers who are more advanced in their artisan tree will unlock higher level harvesting tools that have a greater chance of collecting higher quality resources or proccing a greater quantity.
You will have an opportunity to proc certain qualities based on your progression in the Artisan tree. So if you are a gatherer; and as you advance in your gathering, you'll have a higher opportunity to collect better resources. – Steven Sharif
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
|Tool rarity||Resource tiers||Vendor price||Vendor location|
|Common||1||10g||Alpha-1 starting area|
|Uncommon||1 - 2||100g||Expedition (stage 1) nodes|
|Rare||1 - 3||500g||Encampment (stage 2) nodes|
|Epic||1 - 4||2000g||Village (stage 3) nodes|
- Gatherable resources are discovered by trial-and-error and by learning their visuals. There will not be "sparklies" on gatherable resources in the final game.
- Gathering requires the creation and use of tools.
- Gathering within a node's Zone of influence (ZOI) will contribute to its experience growth.
- Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting.
Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting. So for example you know if I'm gathering... leaves of the blue petal flower to craft a pigment that's going to be used in the development of a tunic that I can wear at level one, then I may need to collect those in order to craft the pigments to craft a greater pigment that might be present in the in the crafting of a higher level item. So it's going to be kind of a tiered progression so that materials have relevancy throughout the different levels of of crafting; and that's important from an economic stability standpoint. You need to have layered demand from a supply standpoint so that players who are interested in collecting and gathering those materials still are relevant when the later level items are crafted. – Steven Sharif
In Alpha One the core basics of what crafting represents as a gameplay loop that is represented. So that means that there are gatherables out there. You will have to have tools in order to service those gatherables. There will be processing that's necessary; and then there's crafting stations that are available and can be constructed by the players. This is in Alpha One. You have to collect the recipes, you have to collect the materials, and you have to refine the materials; and then you have to create the reagents and then use those to kind of create the final crafting component of that you're trying to create. So that in and of itself is present, but it is a very very small piece of really what will be the larger crafting puzzle for Alpha 2 and betas. – Steven Sharif
- Approximately 10 percent of the artisan system will be online in Alpha-1. The core basics of the artisan gameplay loop will be facilitated via the merchant (NPC) system.
Crafting honestly will not come online in any sense of its true form until Alpha-2. Alpha-1 has essentially what are intended to be the core gameplay loop of crafting, meaning the collection of materials, the translation of those materials into processed goods, and the use of those processed goods into item acquisition. That's the core gameplay loop that is currently present in Alpha-1. But those are mostly facilitated kind of piggy backing the merchant systems right now and not actually using the real crafting system; and that's because crafting hasn't been completed in a form that can be implemented in Alpha-1, but will be for Alpha-2. What's present in Alpha-1 doesn't even really scratch the surface for crafting. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (53:28).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:04:50).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (53:11).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:13).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (54:33).
- Interview, 27 March 2020 (9:00).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (38:25).
- Livestream, 31 July 2020 (1:05:58).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Livestream, 30 July 2021 (1:11:58).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (48:31).
- Livestream, 3 September 2017 (10:48).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (1:00:07).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (42:28).
- Interview, 7 February 2021 (35:30).
- Livestream, 30 April 2021 (41:18).