Jump to navigation Jump to search
|December 2015||First team members were hired.|
|February 2016||Ashes of Creation design documentation and prototyping.|
|December 10, 2016||Official website was launched and project announced.|
|January 18, 2017||Official discord was launched.|
|May 2, 2017||Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign launched with $750,000 funding goal.|
|June 3, 2017||Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign completed with 19,576 backers raising $3,271,809.|
|June 2017||Game production began with a team size of 15-20.|
|June 21, 2017||Summer crowdfunding campaign launched.|
|July 22, 2017||Summer crowdfunding campaign completed with 2,485 backers.|
|September 1, 2017||PAX West 2017.|
|November 4, 2017||Raised $16,500 for Extra Life children's hospitals.|
|December 15, 2017||Alpha-0 released on schedule.|
|March 19-23, 2018||Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2018.|
|April 5, 2018||PAX East 2018.|
|August 15, 2018||Last day for purchases of Alpha-1 through Intrepid pre-order packs.|
|August 20, 2018||At Gamescom with My.com.|
|August 27, 2018||100 developers working on Ashes of Creation.|
|September 1, 2018||PAX West 2018 panel.|
|October 19, 2018||Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale (previously called Alpha-1 phase 1 battlegrounds).|
|November 4, 2018||Raised $20,518 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|April 15, 2019||60 developers working on Ashes of Creation at San Diego offices (following disengagement with Malaysian art team).|
|November 3, 2019||Raised $20,901 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|August 21, 2020||Announced a mutual parting of ways with publisher My.games.|
|October 17, 2020||Almost 3,000,000 registered accounts for Ashes of Creation.|
|October 17, 2020||~87 developers working on Ashes of Creation.|
|November 8, 2020||Raised $88,546 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|February 26, 2021||Official ashesofcreation.com website redesign.|
|May 5, 2021||Alpha-1 sales resumed with the announcement of the Adventurer pre-order pack.|
|May 17, 2021||Verbal NDA was lifted from Alpha-1 testing.|
|July 9, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA preview weekend began on schedule.|
|July 11, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA preview weekend completed on schedule.|
|July 14, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA month long test began on schedule.|
|August 15, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA month long test completed on schedule.|
|November 7, 2021||Raised $34,485 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|December 23, 2021||Announced that Ashes of Creation is moving to Unreal Engine 5.|
|January 14, 2022||Over 120 people working on Ashes of Creation.|
|November 5, 2022||Raised $77,939 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|August 31, 2023||Over 150 people working on Ashes of Creation.|
- Prior to Alpha 2 we will test some more spot-oriented testing with some of the Alpha-1 testers and/or PI leading up to what would eventually become the Alpha-2 launch. – Steven Sharif
|Pre‑alpha||Alpha-0.||December 15, 2017.|
|APOC||Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale stress test (NDA).||September 7, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale stress test (NDA lifted).||October 19, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale open beta.||December 18, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale early access.||September 24, 2019.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege mode PI closed testing.||December 19, 2019.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale testing ends.||March 10, 2020.|
|Alpha||Alpha-1 early preview livestream.||March 27, 2020.|
|Alpha-1 limited QA testing (NDA).||May 28, 2020.|
|Alpha-1 preview pre-test 1 (NDA).||Dec 18 - Dec 21 2020.|
|Alpha-1 preview pre-test 2 (NDA).||Feb 19 - Feb 22 2021.|
|Alpha-1 preview intermittent spot testing (NDA).||Mar 19 - Jul 9 2021.|
|Alpha-1 preview weekend (no NDA).||July 9 - July 11 2021.|
|Alpha-1 (no NDA).||July 14 - August 15 2021.|
|Alpha-2 spot testing (NDA).||To be announced.|
|Alpha-2 (No NDA).||To be announced.|
|Beta||Beta-1.||To be announced.|
|Beta-2.||To be announced.|
|Pre‑release||Head start for crowdfunding backers at the Founder level and above.||1-2 days before launch.|
|Release||Launch (live) release.||To be announced.|
|Post‑launch||Major releases (DLC expansions).||Quarterly or six-monthly.|
Pre-order-packs with Alpha-2 access are ending
- Why are the pre-order packs ending?
- Our pre-order packs were intended to be a way for players to support the project by providing an opportunity to collect exclusive cosmetic appearances that are used in creating the world of Verra, while respecting our commitment to zero-tolerance pay-to-win whatsoever. As we draw closer to our Alpha Two and Beta testing periods, we want to ensure a glorious experience for our players who have signed up to help make Ashes of Creation the MMORPG it deserves to be. To that end, we have decided to discontinue the packs until such time as our internal and/or external testing supports the admission of additional testers. We will continue to update our community when more ways become available to access Alpha Two or Beta testing through our communication channels.
- When will the final pre-order packs end?
- The final Pre-Order Packs will end on January 17, 2024 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific in order to ensure everyone has enough time and notice with regards to the final Pre-Order Packs’ availability.
- Does this include the Beta-1 and Beta-2 pre-order packages as well?
- Yes. While we anticipate we will reopen the ability to purchase Beta packages in the future, these options will not adopt the same format of regularly recurring monthly exclusive cosmetics as our existing Pre-Order Packages currently offer.
- If I do not get a pre-order pack, does that mean I will not be able to join Alpha-2, Beta-1, or Beta-2 in the future?
- Not necessarily. We will continue to engage with our community and content creators to offer various giveaways that players will have an opportunity to participate in. After our internal and/or external testing satisfies the admission of additional testers, we may provide alternate methods of purchasing access into testing periods.
- When the pre-order packs end, will there be other items on the Ashes of Creation shop?
- We may provide cosmetic items and merchandise in the shop at a future date.
- I purchased a previous pre-order pack, but I like The Unseen Order cosmetics better. Can I switch out my cosmetics for these?
- Previously purchased cosmetics may not be exchanged, though we do provide a 90-day return policy. If you own an existing Pre-Order Pack, you may also purchase individual cosmetics offered in the current pack a-la-cart.
- Can I upgrade my pre-order pack after sales for the pre-order packs end?
- Yes. You will continue to have the option to upgrade your Pre-Order Pack to a higher-tier package after sales of Pre-Order Packs end. If you upgrade, it will not give you the cosmetic items of the same type (Accessory, Pet, Mount, etc.) that came with the previous pack you purchased. Only the additional cosmetic items from the upgrade to The Unseen Order Pre-Order Pack will be granted.
- Can I purchase add-on cosmetics from The Unseen Order after pre-order packs are removed from the shop?
- Yes. You will continue to have the option to purchase add-on cosmetics from The Unseen Order, based on what your Pre-Order Package level gives you access to.
- How long will I be able to upgrade my pre-order pack or purchase The Unseen Order add-on cosmetics?
- We don’t have a date to share for this yet, but we’ll give everyone plenty of notice before ending the ability for them to upgrade their Pre-Order Packs or purchase add-on cosmetics from The Unseen Order.
- What about upgrading Kickstarter packages? When do those end?
- You will still be able to upgrade Kickstarter and Summer Backer Packages. We’ll give plenty of notice before ending the ability for people to upgrade their packs.
- Kickstarter's most funded MMORPG.
- Kickstarter's #7 most funded video game.
- Most anticipated MMO – MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most anticipated early access hands-on MMORPG – MMOs World.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Independent game.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Online game.
- Best indie MMO of 2020 – massivelyop.com reader's poll.
- Most anticipated MMO of 2021 and beyond – massivelyop.com reader's poll.
- Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond – Forbes.
- 2022 Best MMO Studio – MMOGames.
- MASSIVELY OP interview: Ashes of Creation on a new way to MMO.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter campaign
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- PAX West 2017 Schedule.
- PAX West 2017 Map.
- Intrepid Studios Dev Team.
- Livestream, January 18, 2018 (2:48).
- Ashes of Creation Gamescom 2018 Interview: Responding to Criticism.
- Intrepid Studios Extra Life 2018 (@MediaAoC).
- Interview, April 15, 2019 (5:09).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.
- Interview, October 17, 2020 (18:36).
- Interview, October 17, 2020 (56:55).
- Livestream, February 26, 2021 (9:51).
- Ashes of Creation Store: May cosmetics.
- Ashes of Creation Twitter - Alpha-1 Preview Weekend Begins
- Guide to Alpha One.
- Video, December 23, 2021 (0:00).
- Livestream, December 23, 2021 (19:59).
- Interview, January 14, 2022 (9:11).
- Livestream, August 31, 2023 (2:16:45).
- Livestream, March 31, 2023 (5:57).
- Livestream, September 1, 2018 (54:06).
- Press release - Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18.
- Blog: Ashes of Creation Apocalypse heads into early access.
- @AoCApocalypse on Twitter.
- Livestream, December 17, 2019 (18:33).
- Blog: Early Access for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Battle Royale Testing Ends.
- March 2020 newsletter.
- Video, March 23, 2020 (0:01).
- Creative Director's Letter, 2020-04-1.
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, October 16 2020
- Livestream, February 26, 2021 (14:58).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, January 2021.
- Alpha One Schedule Update, May 10 2021.
- An Update on Alpha One Schedule, March 12 2021
- Interview, July 9, 2023 (26:35).
- Livestream, October 14, 2022 (17:05).
- Livestream, January 18, 2018 (25:22).
- Livestream, March 8, 2019 (57:26).
- Interview, February 7, 2021 (21:57).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (11:14).
- Ashes of Creation Store: August cosmetics.
- Ashes of Creation Store: September cosmetics.
- MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most Anticipated MMORPGs For 2018.
- DualShockers’ Gamescom 2018 Awards
- MassivelyOP 2020 awards reader's poll.
- MassivelyOP reader's poll.
- Forbes: Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond
- Twitter - MMOGames.