Alpha-1 starting area
Mobs at this location
- Amanita Verna
- Animated Armor
- Brown Bear
- Cave Raptor
- Enchanted Aranea
- Enchanted Raptor
- Enchanted Scalerunner
- Ensnaring Widow
- Forest Charger
- Gibbering Maw
- Grasslands Bear
- Grasslands Charger
- Grasslands Raptor
- Grasslands Scalerunner
- Hopping Gnasher
- Swiftclaw Raptor
- Towering Troll
- Underrealm Mycena
- Undying Guard
- Venomous Stalker
- Young Drakeling
- Young Dustling
NPCs at this location
- Attendant Wynden
- Captain Quinn
- Corporal Cuhlum
- Corporal Perian
- Darian Laurant
- Headmaster Varus
- Lieutenant Griori
- Olexia Fobrasna
- Scholar Rhea
- Sergeant Cowles
- Sergeant Landry
Quests at this location
Dungeons at this location
- The Alpha-1 starting area is set in the ruins of an Pyrian divine gateway.
- There are 12 different (sub)zones in the Alpha-1 testing location.
- The Alpha-1 map was approximately 70 km2 of playable area.
- Alpha island (also called Alpha-0 island) was the first open-world testing zone for Alpha-1 participants.
- There are approximately 4 biomes in Alpha-1: Flood plains, Desert (Desert), Snowy mountains, Forest.
- Temporary teleportation points will be present in early tests until ships are introduced later in the alpha testing.
- Divine gateways are where players first arrive in Ashes of Creation.
- Players can choose their starting gateway. This choice is not restricted by their choice of race.
- The divine gateways were created by the Goddess of Creation in response to a warning from the Goddess of Fate that The Ancients and The Others would return from exile and seek retribution for their defeat at the hands of The Seven gods.
Where players start, they enter this portal from another world called Sanctus. Sanctus is a place of no magic, low technology; and players are the first expeditioners that are coming through this portal into the world of Verra. – Jeffrey Bard
The world of Verra features an in-game viewable world map. This map is not randomly generated, and begins covered in a fog of war. Players will not be able to see the world until they have explored it or gathered information about it. The world is also full of imperfect information, which will require the player to act on it for verification.
- For example, you may hear a rumor in a tavern that tells you the location of a cave full of weak Kobolds, but this was not accurate as the rumor was started by well-equipped bandits in order to waylay overconfident adventurers.
- Information about the world will be presented directly to players through the world map UI as it is gathered.
- Node tax rates will be visible on the world map by hovering over a node location on the UI.
- The map UI will potentially incorporate player created location markers that are visible by other party members.
- Previously, detailed information about the world was only available through the Library unique node building.
- Not every server will share the same map, as player decisions will vary between servers.
- The map will have geographical choke points caused by non-traversable obstacles (such as Mountains).
- Even though we're an open-world that doesn't mean that from a design perspective, especially with the way our economic systems work, that we will want to create Geographic choke points. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, March 26, 2021 (17:23).
- Livestream, March 26, 2021 (16:05).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Guide to Alpha One.
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (12:09).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (22:43).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (9:51).
- Interview, January 14, 2022 (3:50).
- Interview, July 19, 2020 (1:21:49).
- Podcast, April 11, 2021 (53:01).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (25:45).
- Livestream, January 29, 2021 (26:38).
- Livestream, October 16, 2017 (12:08).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (24:51).
- Livestream, November 8, 2020 (0:00:00).
- Livestream, May 19, 2017 (29:25).
- Livestream, October 16, 2017 (53:58).
- Interview, July 20, 2020 (13:33).
- Interview, April 20, 2018 (5:46).
- Blog - Development Update with New Map and Feature Discussions.
- Livestream, August 26, 2022 (46:52).
- Video, January 27, 2023 (4:39).
- Interview, May 22, 2017 (22:54).
- The mighty beard!
- Livestream, September 29, 2023 (1:14:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, September 29, 2023 (1:11:22).
- Livestream, May 27, 2022 (2:33).
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Livestream, May 19, 2017 (37:03).
- Livestream, August 26, 2022 (53:26).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:25:11).
- Livestream, October 30, 2020 (1:19:13).
- Livestream, May 15, 2017 (30:53).