LiveStream October 31 2017
From Ashes of Creation Wiki
(Redirected from Ashes of Creation Livestream 2017-10-31)
|Date||October 31, 2017|
This LiveStream shows off the World of Verra and Studio Tour videos, alpha 0, parlor games, battle map, Halloween event winners, and community Q&A covering character name length, sieges, quests, achievements, and more!
- 1 Notes
- 2 Intro
- 3 Videos
- 4 Q&A
- 4.1 When will we see the Tulnar concept art? Please do not say soon™
- 4.2 Could you make the minimum character name 3?
- 4.3 Without confirming, do you have any other conventions in your sights?
- 4.4 When will you be announcing the name of the 64 archetypes?
- 4.5 What kind of siege equipment should we expect, such as cannons, ballistas magical?
- 4.6 Will people lose their housing after a successful siege, even if they are safe?
- 4.7 Announcing Winners
- 4.8 Will classes be gender locked? Example: Only females can be mages.
- 4.9 Will moving trade goods by ship be similar to the caravan system where it creates a zone around the ship and do you have to destroy the ship to steal it's cargo?
- 4.10 Is the development of the game on track?
- 4.11 The titles that can be earned from being a citizen are they specific to the type of node?
- 4.12 How much backtracking will we experience while questing? Running back to the same spot after every quest can be tedious.
- 4.13 Are there some spells which removes or blocks buffs on your enemy?
- 4.14 Will there be achievements/rewards specific to those who achieve firsts on dungeon clears or world boss kills?
- 5 Closing
- 6 References
- Source: Google Docs
- [3:46] Happy Halloween today we have 2 Videos
- World of verra
- Studio tour
- [5:52] First Video - Studio Tour 
- Jeffery Bard
- Ranger from AoC
- Working on Quest Dialogue
- Peter Palone
- Michael Bacon
- John Arelleno
- Mushroom trees
- David Thornfeild
- Game Developer
- Implementing combat animations
- Jason Crawford
- User interface library
- Keith Kovach
- I made costume for kids all week
- Elf armor, robes WIP
- Trystan Snodgrass
- Bottle of Sriracha
- Editing next video
- Matt Broome
- Darth Maul
- Working on lvl 10 Ranger
- Jeff Delierre
- Orb designs for humans and elves, weapons
- Ryan Richmond
- Ren’kai ruin concepts
- Javier Perez
- Lighting the forest dungeon
- Joshua Epel
- Population in Alpha 0 zone
- Alex Khudoliy
- Mr. Putin, Melania Trump
- Kevin McPherson
- Classic Liberal
- Game Stats for NPC’s
- Akil Hooper
- Mark Storch
- Alpha 0 key submissions data
- Sam Page
- Melania Trump
- Helping players with bugs
- Brad Constantine
- MMO Combat Animations for male cleric
- Chris Atkins
- Medium armor
- Jeffery Bard
- [22:19] Announcement Next Stream
- About expansion of Intrepid Team
- Maybe moving buildings??
- [22:39] Blog coming out tomorrow?
- Social Building
- Community Centers
- Bulletin boards
- Social Building
- [23:50] Second Video - Alpha 0 zone video WIP early look
- Several differents Scenic Views
- Mushroom Forests
- Valleys / rivers
- Snowy ruins
- On Schedule for Alpha 0
- Several differents Scenic Views
- [28:55] Bulletin boards
- There is not a group finder in ashes of creation.
- Want things localized, want to have a reason to go places
- Exists within a node, to add jobs
- Dungeon delving
- Going on quests
- Gathering things
- Task oriented
- Story arcs can be unlocked
- Such as mayor needs to unlock things with certain resources
- Tasks for an organization needs done to unlock paths
- Quests can be found at other points of interest
- Taverns may be the only way to get certain quests.
- [32:40] Parlor Games
- Traditional Dice and card
- One on one, Group
- Racial based, elves
- May find parlor games out in your adventures
- You find the ruleset and only you can initiate
- [33:28] Battle Map - Internal Stretch goal
- System is not in road map
- We would like to integrate if possible
- Traditional maps aren’t interactive.
- For siege or conflict, this would make it more strategic
- A guild, mayor city would have access to either:
- City hall
- Battle strategy planning center
- Guild hall
- Something of this nature
- Would unlock the ability to use this map
- Miniatures on board to move around
- Can designate strikers, get a benefit, 50% damage against a door
- Certain groups getting access to items
- Defenders get to do this too.
- It would be a blind fight
- Another layer to system of conflict to make it more engaging
- Counters the zergfest.
When will we see the Tulnar concept art? Please do not say soon™
- [37:30] Soon lol
- Working to our next milestone which is alpha 0
- Tulnar towards the end
- End of first quarter of 2018
Could you make the minimum character name 3?
- [39:33] Will look into that, think it’s a coding reason
Without confirming, do you have any other conventions in your sights?
- [40:32] We have some in our sights, more than 5 less than 7
- 6 confirmed
- We will be , just confirmed our location, we will be at Pax East
- In April, Boston
When will you be announcing the name of the 64 archetypes?
- [41:50] It will be before Alpha 0,Dec 15th
What kind of siege equipment should we expect, such as cannons, ballistas magical?
- [42:08] Generally, you will see magical, as well as some mechanical, but we will shy away from black powder siege equipment
Will people lose their housing after a successful siege, even if they are safe?
- [42:40] Ut oh lost the question (not answered)
- Now mic issues
- [43:31] Halloween event Full list of winners
- Steven is the breaker of mics
- Shows following winners
- Alpha Keys to all the submissions
- Grand prize - KymaticHz
Will classes be gender locked? Example: Only females can be mages.
- [57:15] No
Will moving trade goods by ship be similar to the caravan system where it creates a zone around the ship and do you have to destroy the ship to steal it's cargo?
- [57:15] Absolutely
Is the development of the game on track?
- [57:50] Yes, we are trucking
The titles that can be earned from being a citizen are they specific to the type of node?
- [58:09] We haven’t talked in detail
- The titles in general, aren’t
- Certain titles only achievable in certain node types
How much backtracking will we experience while questing? Running back to the same spot after every quest can be tedious.
- [56:33] Trying to get rid of that, some backtracking, but you should be able to get a bunch of tasks at once, go out to complete them all and only them come back to turn them in at once.
- World is constantly changing, you might not be coming back to the same place or maybe there won't even be a place to come back to.
Are there some spells which removes or blocks buffs on your enemy?
- [59:35] Yes, cancels, suppressions.
Will there be achievements/rewards specific to those who achieve firsts on dungeon clears or world boss kills?
- [59:53] Yes
- We want people to know who you are when you do these things
- [1:00] We hope that you enjoyed the stream, we enjoyed what you brought with your creativity.
- Enjoyed showing you our progress.
- See you on our next stream.
|Videos||Kickstarter Livestreams • Official Videos • Q&A Videos|