Battle Royale Guide
|Battle Royale Guide|
|Next Test||January 18-20th|
Battle Royale is a special PvP arena designed specifically to be a testing platform for early stages of action combat. Now Known as Ashes of Creation Apocalypse, this game mode as well as Castle Siege and Horde Mode will be a stand alone game released along side the MMO. For those unfamiliar to battle royale gameplay, all players enter the arena and fight to the death until there is only a single victor at the end. There are no respawns.
The Visual NDA was Lifted on October 19th at 8PM PST. The NDA still applies to content recorded Prior to Oct. 19th.
There are no classes to select from. Your skills and abilities are based on the weapons and armor you equip and use.
|Health||100||100||The amount of health points you have. Once this hits 0, you die.||Outside the zone, you lose health and armor. It varies based on size.|
|Mana||0||1000||Mana is used to repair armor and gain ranged weapon ammo.|| Repairing armor and using ranged weapons.
|Stamina||100||100||Stamina is required melee combat, jumping, dodging, and RMB + LMB combos.|| Jump, Attack, Charge attack
|Armor Durability||0||100||Adds protection against damage hits, before it affects health.||
||When hit armor gets used first, outside the red zone you lose health and armor at the same time.|
Weapons and skills
NOTE: Higher rarities add slightly more damage.
|Rusty Sword||Short Sword||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Paladin's Might||Sword/Shield||For the duration of this stance, you will take cover behind your shield's enhanced position.||10s||10s||Reduces ALL damage taken by 50% (maybe a little more)|
|Greatsword of Haste||2H Sword||For the duration of this stance, your successful attacks will increase your run speed.||10s||10s|
|Stillblade||Short Sword||Slows enemy movement speed every hit.||10s||10s|
|Lifebringer||Polearm||Steals health when you hit an enemy.||10s||10s||Heals 10 health per successful attack on enemy player, does not work no downed players.|
|Spiritpierce||Spear||Depletes 10 enemy stamina every hit.||10s||10s||Every successful hit drains enemy stamina.|
|Archmage's Companion||Staff||This spell will invoke a destructive cone of force and flame at enemies in front of you.||1s||10s||Q activation does 20 damage.|
|Essence Reaper||Great Axe||Manasteal: For the duration of this stance, your attacks will steal mana from your foes and give it to you.||10s||10s||Steals 20 Mana per hit. (Not WORTH It)|
|Thundering Mace||Mace||Activate to charge your attacks with lightning - each hit can then arc between foes, dealing damage to each one.||10s||10s||Every successful hit while the Q is activated lightning arcs to any nearby player.|
|Bonesmasher||Greatmace||Hemorrhage: For the duration of this stance, any hit will apply a debuff to your enemies, dealing damage to them with every step they take.||10s||10s||The debuff causes 3 damage every second while the enemy moves.|
|The Rifter||Scepter||For the duration of this spell, any successful hit will swap your location with that of your target.||10s||10s|
|Nightfall||Short Bow||When activated, your next arrow will explode in a cloud of darkness on impact.||10s||20s||Strongest Ranged weapon in game as it is a hit scan that fires quite fast.|
|Wand of Light||Wand||Tags the target player with a beam of light, which can be seen by others.||15s||30s||Fast firing, but has terrible accuracy.|
|Longbow of Miasma||Longbow||After you activate this spell, your next arrow will summon a dark miasma that clings to any foes that touch it, dealing damage over time.||10s||10s||Strongest Weapon In Game In Terms Of Raw Damage.|
|Crossbow of Revealing||Crossbow||After activating this spell, the next bolt you fire will reveal all characters hidden by terrain, structures, or invisibility in its area of effect.||10s||20s||Reveals enemies that are within the zone of the reveal if they leave you don't see them anymore.|
|Firefrost||Potion Launcher||Swap your explosive potion for a potion of frost. It will burst on the first bounce, leaving an area of bitter cold that slows your enemies.||10s||30s||Explosive shots explode after roughly 4 seconds, and don't need to bounce to explode, also direct shots on players explode instantly.|
|Grimoire of the Fallen Sky||Spellbook||Chaos Meteor: When Chaos Meteor explodes, it breaks into 2-5 magical shards, each of which has a random effect across a very large area.||10s||10s|
Armors and skills
There are currently only 2 armor pieces available, with each having their own special ability:
- Boots (there is also legs but they are the same slot as boots).
- To equip a piece of armor you need to select it on your hotbar and press LMB.
Each armor piece has a durability value, which is the amount of damage absorbed before impacting your health. Higher armor tiers offer a higher initial durability. Incoming damage is absorbed equally across both armor pieces (if you're wearing both). Armor currently does NOT reduce hit damage. It's more like an extended HP bar.
Armor durability is restored by pressing F1 and Armor cannot exceed 100.
Note: Since health potions are rare, it is recommended to restore your armor durability at the earliest opportunity.
Special Ability = C •
|Invisibility Aegis||Invisibility: This spell turns you invisible for the duration, though it will cancel upon attacking, repairing armor, or through the use of any other spells.||60s||120s|
|Breastplate of Darkpact||For the duration of this spell, you will take significantly reduced damage while outside the storm.(Red Zone)||10s||45s|
|Breastplate of the Bulwark||Bulwark: This spell will instantly summon a wall a short distance in front of the caster. Perfect for deploying as cover! The wall is ~15 feet wide and 1 player high.||10s||45s|
|Polymorph Breastplate||Transform yourself into a harmless inanimate object, and disappear into the local terrain, will cancel on movement or attack.||30s||45s|
Special Ability = V •
|Boots of Arcanic Power||Channel raw arcane energies to instantly knock nearby foes back, deal damage, and give yourself some breathing room.||1s||30s|
|Blink Boots||Teleports you forward ~25 feet.||1s||30s|
|Catfall Boots||Active to grant yourself exceptional jumping abilities, silent moving, and protection from falling damage for the duration.||30s||30s|
|Boots of Icy Steps||With this spell. you will leave icy trails behind you, which will snare and slow your enemies.||20s||30s|
- Melee Weapons
- Currently Bonesmasher and Greatsword of Haste are your top choices for melee encounters.
- Ranged Weapons
- Nightfall is currently the strongest with high rate of fire and precise accuracy.
- Chest Abilities
- Invisibility for all around usefulness and Darkpact for zone immunity at the endgame are good. Catfall Boots for evasion due to being very hard to hit with ranged and mostly immune to melee while jumping are strong while Blink Boots are good for closing gaps and escaping melee combat.
- Example Load Out
- Bonesmasher, Nightfall, Greatsword of Haste, Invis Chest, Preference on boots is up to you, Generally carrying extra armor pieces is better than 5 weapons.
- HP potions
- HP potions are found as small and large and are stored on your hotbar, up to 3.Small heal 25 and Large 100.
- Take 5 seconds to consume.
- MP potions
- MP potions are immediately picked up and add to your mana bar. They are found in 20, 40, and 60 amounts.
- Instantly consumed on pick up.
- Mount potions exist but are unreliable and very rare. Try to avoid.(Removed)
- There are building schematics that deploy like port-a-fort structures in Fortnite. Can be destroyed, no gravity on structures, If you destroy foundations walls stay intact.(Removed)
- Take 5 seconds to consume.
- Destructible environments
- Some structures including certain types of walls, floors, and bridges can be destroyed by melee weapons or projectile hits. Other structures are immune. Generally surfaces that have the same texture/material react the same to destruction.
- Fall damage
- With the recent patch fall damage is quite high, roughly 1400 velocity(if you jump from second story you will take some damage. Dash attacking in mid-air no longer cancels falling velocity.
- Footsteps have varied loudness depending upon the surface over which the character is walking or running. Grass is very quiet while other surfaces such as wood can be rather loud.
- Getting out of the vortex
- When falling at the start of the match, you will be in a swirling pink vortex, press spacebar for an early exit from the vortex.
- Double damage on all Ranged Weapons, Melee Weapons do not headshot! (Needs to be Tested Further)
- Hit indicator
- There is a red hit indicator showing the direction damage comes from and there are damage numbers that appear above your target upon dealing damage. There are also damage numbers that appear above your own character when damage is received.
- Yellow numbers are damage done to armor. Red numbers is health loss. Sometimes you will see both when the damage lands.
- Power attack
- Using the RMB + LMB combo can be used to get out of crevices in which you are stuck.
- Using power attack while running greatly increases movement. Use when you know you’re safe from any combat and get around quicker. Jumping before using this combo allows a larger movement forward.
- Do not use power attack in fights unless to guarantee a finish. Power attack leaves you on global CD for 1-2 seconds, the player can react and get 2-3 hits in before you can swing again.
- Pressing X will perform a dodge roll.
- The zone moves at variable rates depending upon how far the game has progressed and how small the circle has become. The zone does damage over time to the player’s health. Later zones increase the tick, final zone ticks for 15 every second(maybe half-second) damage received from staying in the zone. The last zone is notably fast in how it shrinks.
There is a visual guide in the official email that testers received along with their credentials, it is under "gameplay overview", be aware of it.
- Do not spam space to leave the vortex, you will fall instantly and die.
- No Breath, can stay underwater infinite amount of time.
- Sprinting and rolling by double tapping Shift are very unreliable and only work around half the time.
- Your own footsteps can be heard behind you.
- Do not press E while on griffin, as it is the dismount key and will knock you off.
- Not sure if this affects everyone, sometimes you get the red hit indicator as if you were taking damage appearing on your screen without taking any damage (I found it appear when someone used the ability of the Staff and the kill came into the feed, not sure if this is related)
- Pressing G while in Game will cause your camera to bug out going into "first person" with no fix.
- After the update to the Grimoire's travel speed, the animation of the cast is off. The animation of the "meteor" traveling to the target location still travels, but the Meteor itself drops instantly on your cursor.