Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Tulnar race does not have sub-types. Instead, players will be able to significantly customize the appearance of Tulnar characters based on three base influences; or blend between these different influences.
- There are feline and bestial components that can be scaled up when creating a Tulnar character but Tulnar do not equal furries.
- Catgirl and Loli Tulnar are not able to be created.
- Tulnar do not equal furries, but there are definitely some bestial components that you can scale up when you're creating your Tulnar character, so you could max that setting I guess. Whether or not that would give you what you would think of as a furry, I guess it's going to be up to your interpretation of what a Furry is. – Steven Sharif
- The Tulnar do not have avian characteristics. The sentient avian races (such as the Sladeborne) did not take refuge in the Underrealm.
- Q: Will character creator allow us to make Tulnar that might look somewhat like Kobolds from Pathfinder or DnD?
- A: I wouldn't say exactly, but there's definitely elements of Kobolds that you could incorporate in a character creator with the Tulnar, yes. – Steven Sharif
- Mammalian Tulnar may have snout features, fur and inverted knees.
- Reptilian Tulnar may have more circular eyes and head shape, and scaly skin.
- We want there to be a lot of room for people to manifest their own identity, to role play how they want to from an appearance standpoint. There's going to be parameters within which you will be able to customize a character. We want the culture and the identity of the races to exist in a range that makes them easily identifiable from other players and other cultures. So, because of that, we have to have a spectrum you can exist on. There will be a lot of hair variants you can do, body art tattoos that you can apply. You'll be able to play with the scales of the facial structure, the bones, the height, width, the body fat percentage. You'll be able to add body hair on different parts of the body. If you want to have hair on your feet, you can dial that up. – Steven Sharif
- Character models are focused on realism.
- A player will see a generic character before customization.
- Character designs will have influences from a wide range of cultures, such as European, African and Asian.
- Lolis will not be in the game.
- Sliders and other controls, such as color palettes, will offer flexibility in customization but there will be limits based on race, gender, and the artistic style guidelines that the developers are adhering to.
- There's going to be constraints to the sliders, so that was one of those big questions as work began on the character creator: How much agency do you want to allow pulling like the lower lip all the way down in this weird deformed look, or having like [an] offset cheek that's just asymmetrical to the side of the face. There's not going to be the ability or agency to create those types of weird character things. However you will have the ability to move, slide, change, grow, decrease all those components, but they'll be kept in a more reasonable and presented way in the same sense you won't be able to change the appearance of the dwarven, nor the Dünir or the Niküan races to, in my opinion, create what would be traditionally considered a Loli character. – Steven Sharif
- Twitter - The Tulnar are a proud, noble, Underrealm-dwelling race.
- Livestream, July 29, 2022 (56:00).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (16:51).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (AM) (3:12).
- Livestream, August 23, 2017 (31:29).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (20:17).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (15:10).
- Interview, June 13, 2021 (33:21).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (18:19).
- Podcast, November 15, 2020 (1:03:17).
- Interview, April 22, 2019 (58:20).
- Interview, April 15, 2019 (20:15).
- Video, March 31, 2022 (13:47).
- Livestream, April 30, 2020 (46:51).
- Livestream, June 30, 2022 (1:01:00).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (47:35).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (5:05).
- Livestream, May 15, 2017 (51:19).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (13:39).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (11:21).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (10:04).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (12:39).
- Livestream, March 31, 2022 (1:00:14).
- Video, March 31, 2022 (9:23).
- Livestream, April 30, 2020 (1:10:46).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (13:13).