Static housing development
- The Village stage offers small housing types.
- The Town stage introduces medium housing types.
- The City stage introduces large sized homes.
- The Metropolis stage introduces mansion size houses.
If you choose to keep the same size then the next stage will have an occupied small home. So for instance if at stage three there are 8 small home and you own 1, then at stage 4 there are 10 new small homes of which x are owned by previous owners, and 10 new medium homes of which x are owned by upgraded small home owners. – Steven Sharif
New property becomes available at each stage of advancement, but it will be more akin to what was available at the previous stage.
- Only the houses that existed at the Village stage will become main street mansions at the Metropolis stage.
- Houses will be empty when purchased.
- Players may place furniture, artwork/paintings and other decor items in their player housing.
- Each size, grade, and type of player-owned housing determines the number and type of items that can be placed in it. For example: You can place only the best furniture in mansion grade in-node housing.
- Building skins may change the shape of a homestead but the space available for furnishings should remain consistent.
- Characters will be able to interact with furniture items such as sit in chairs and lay in beds.
- Players will not be able to alter structural aspects such as windows and walls.
- There may be decor items that are representative of unique weapons that are available in the game.
- Furnishing items with in-game functionality will be restricted entirely to those created by the Carpentry profession.
- Your ability to craft more luxurious furniture comes with how much of a master craftsman you've become in the furnishing profession... This isn't like you know, I want my house to look good, I got to fork over 50 bucks in cosmetics... Players can craft in-game based on their dedication and focus in that aspect the artisan tree. – Steven Sharif
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- Static housing and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- Video, May 31, 2020 (47:32).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (36:18).
- Livestream, November 17, 2017 (26:22).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (53:20).
- Interview, July 8, 2020 (40:20).
- Livestream, January 27, 2023 (1:35:45).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (45:32).
- Video, May 31, 2020 (47:32).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (29:54).
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (38:04).
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (1:13:55).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (47:32).
- Livestream, May 22, 2017 (56:31).
- Livestream, June 25, 2021 (1:31:04).
- Livestream, August 17, 2018 (10:54).
- Livestream, May 10, 2017 (30:53).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (53:41).
- Livestream, May 12, 2017 (52:01).
- Livestream, May 12, 2017 (55:01).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (54:03).
- Interview, July 8, 2020 (33:34).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:02:12).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (56:08).
- Livestream, May 30, 2019 (1:23:41).