Questing in our world combines the best elements of traditional MMO’s as well as the introduction of our unique player driven experiences. Ashes of Creation offers area quests, public quests, and quest chains that change dynamically and in real time based on the player’s experiences and choices.
Players will have the ability to directly alter world events and change the landscape through their actions, as an individual and as a community. Server quests will allow political rivals to compete for the fate of the world.
There are mounts you will be able to unlock via questing as well.
- 1 Quests 
- 2 Tasks 
- 3 Data Driven Questing 
- 3.1 Developer Quotes
- 3.1.1 Will AoC have epic quest lines, similar to Everquest?
- 3.1.2 Will there be seasonal events/quests/holidays?
- 3.1.3 Are there any daily quests? Things you have to grind?
- 3.1.4 What can we expect from questing in your game? (Quality v Quantity)
- 3.1.5 Will be getting multiple choice quests? (Where choices influence the outcome)
- 3.1.6 Will there be any other benefits to questing? (Beyond XP)
- 3.1.7 How strongly will player level affect what monsters you can fight?
- 3.1.8 How much backtracking will we experience while questing? Running back to the same spot after every quest can be tedious.
- 3.1.9 According to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/the-mighty-beard/ blog entry, "Players will be able to buy food and drink from the tavern, some of which will be supplied by the tavern owner or other patrons that they get their menu from." Does this mean that players will have an effect on the dishes served in a tavern? For example, every tavern will have some basic food, and special dishes with limited quantity will only pop up in case players supply the tavern with certain meat/vegetables/spices/etc??
- 3.1 Developer Quotes
- 4 References
- Planned to be the main way to level
- Narratives will be focused on telling the story.
- Quests will be multi-part.
- There will be no killing of 5 wolves. (This is reserved for Tasks)
- Will be trying to accomplish something.
- Organizations will have quest lines, which players patriciate in.
- Quests will take you across to other nodes 
- Take the place of traditional filler quests in other MMOs
- Kill 5 wolves is a goal oriented task with no narrative
- Discovered out in the wild as an interesting thing you might want to take care of
- Get a bit of context, a goal, and you can handle it or not
- Might have some effect on the node
Data Driven Questing 
- If no one is taking the quest, we have the data to dig into why they are not taking it.
- It might be it’s too hard, it might be the reward you thought was awesome really isn’t that awesome. It might be the quest giver is broken and they can’t take it. All of those things we can see and it’s pretty cool.
Will AoC have epic quest lines, similar to Everquest?
- They won’t have a system exactly like that, but there will be epic quests.
- Probably won’t be for specific items, might be to find gated content, will enable different experiences/content.
- Definitely want to reward participation in epic/legendary quests.
Will there be seasonal events/quests/holidays?
- There will be events with seasons in the real world and seasons in the game world
- It’s seasons all the way down.
Are there any daily quests? Things you have to grind?
- We don’t want you to feel like you are grinding
- Tasks will come and go in regional areas, will react to events in the world
- Want to stay away from “daily quests”
- There will be ultra rare drop items in areas that are solo centric. You just want to vedge out and go to a zone and smack away on monsters. If there is no opportunity for rare reward, then you feel like your doing it for nothing, and that’s not fun. If there's an opportunity for ultra rare item or mega sack of loot, then that gives them a tunnel of light. 
What can we expect from questing in your game? (Quality v Quantity)
- So much filler in current MMO quests
- Decided to take those “out of the equation”
- Created “tasks”
- Node based objectives
- “Narrative based”
- Split into some examples like: Events, Tasks, “Epic” quests
- Nobody wants to read bucket loads of text
Will be getting multiple choice quests? (Where choices influence the outcome)
- Yes, common thread for the questline
- Speaks to agency of the characters.
- Makes the lore more meaningful.
- Going to be leaking some lore in the near future.
Will there be any other benefits to questing? (Beyond XP)
- Yes. Especially with our 2 mil goal coming up.
- Certain social organizations may unlock paths/items
- Discovering the world will unlock items
- A lot of easter eggs.
How strongly will player level affect what monsters you can fight?
- It will be important in a sense that player level will gains you access to skill points that you assign to your skill tree in order to access skills. Higher level skills will make it easier fighting different monsters. But at the same time we don’t want it like, if you are not a certain level, you cannot fight this certain monster. We just want it to be more difficult, or maybe considerably more difficult. We want all things to be possible if you talked to the right people have the right numbers.
How much backtracking will we experience while questing? Running back to the same spot after every quest can be tedious.
- Trying to get rid of that, some backtracking, but you should be able to get a bunch of tasks at once, go out to complete them all and only them come back to turn them in at once.
- World is constantly changing, you might not be coming back to the same place or maybe there won't even be a place to come back to.
- Yes, characters will have a defined region of agency over what is available in the different taverns, whether they be taverns located within the city, or taverns located on a freehold, and those could be tied to supply quests, that are then done by the players. They could also be regionally determined availability, based on what resources are there. If your a tavern owner on the western side you might have different grains/spices/meats/mead there. Then over on the other side of the world, there might be taverns with completely different things, and those foods have different effects.
|PvE||Dungeons • Exploration • Questing • World Events|
|PvP||Arenas • Battle Royale Guide • Open World • Sieges|
|RP (Role Playing)||Cosmetics • Parlor Games • Pets|
|Economy||Artisan Classes • Economy#Caravans • Markets • Trade|
|Other||Achievements • Combat • Guilds • User Interface|