From Ashes of Creation Wiki
- 1 Character Customization
- 2 Developer Quotes
- 3 References
- Customization will be slider based  
- Facial musculature
- Nose length
- Eye shape
- Jaw shape
- Brow height
- Body fat percent
- Body hair on different parts of the body - hair on feet can be dialed up
- Change eye color including having different eye colors
- Position scars
- Armor can be pristine and perfect or beaten up and showing age
- The culture and identity of races will exist within a range that make them identifiable. The spectrum for elves will not involve blue skin for example 
- There will be a balance. Players will have a wide range of cosmetics available through in-game accomplishment and progression, as well as a wide variety of purchasable cosmetics for players who are more casual and would prefer to support the game through the cash shop. Either way, player customization will be achievable from a cosmetic standpoint readily throughout the game. :
- We want there to be a lot of room for people to manifest their own identity to roleplay how they want to from even an appearance standpoint, but there will be parameters from which to customize. The culture and identity of our races will exist within a range that make them identifiable. 
- One thing I liked about BDO is their Character Creation. If I had to give a comparison, I would use BDO as an example of what our Character Creation is going for.
Can we expand on the character customisation/emoji packs available during KS?
- Hairstyles, tattoos, scars
- Race emoji packs, class emoji packs?
- Just additional flair.
- Wide array of character customisation
- Eye colour, skin colour, hair colour, stuff like that.
- Not locked to the KS packages.
- Robust upfront, KS packs will be building on top of that.
Is there any way to change your character's appearance after starting the game?
- *all nod yes*
- We will have salon shop items that allow you to go back to customize character
- There may be a cash shop item that allows you to change cosmetics
- May also be in-game item, not decided
When will character creation be available?
- We are aiming for phase 2.