- A character may only belong to one family at a time.
- Leaving one family and joining another family will have a cooldown period in the order of days.
- Family sizes are normally limited to eight characters.
There are costs associated with family creation and maintenance.
- There is a minimum length of three for a character name.
- Marriage increases family size by one to allow player housing permissions to be shared.
- A NPC may offer quests relating to a marriage ceremony. This may come online post-launch.
You might have a NPC that is specifically a RP event NPC. This is a person who marries you and you come up to them and they have a quest that relates to finding the cosmetic attire for the wedding; and once you have that achieved you must find a Best man or Maid of honor- these are systems that can be created around immersion in the game. – Steven Sharif
Marriage may unlock different activities that are not available to characters who are not married.
- Interaction with the freehold system.
- Unlocking certain node quests.
- Impacts on social organizations.
- Other mechanics will be discussed in the future.
There are not plans for gender neutral neutral pronouns. However our marriage system which will be present does not take into account gender. So two individuals of any sex will be able to utilize the marriage system and we feel that that's pretty important to really reflect the nature the cultures in Ashes of Creation: That it does not have that conflict present in this fantasy world that we may have experienced in the past in our real world; and that's a good place both from a sanctuary standpoint through people who are maybe experiencing that in the real world to kind of get away from it in the fantasy world: We wanted to provide that type of outlet. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Family summon||Long duration cast (30 seconds to a minute) with an approximate 30 minute cooldown that slowly summons each of your family members to your location (up to eight members). Players cannot be summoned in the following cases:||-||-|
Player housing storage
- Players must obtain and place storage containers in their player-owned housing.
- Different grades of storage containers have different inventory capacities.
- There are restrictions on the grades of storage containers available in different types of houses.
- Access permissions can be set to allow others to access a player's personal storage devices.
- Players are prohibited from moving goods out of depositories within a node following a siege declaration against that node.
- Personal caravans may be launched from any point of storage (including chests).
- Corrupt players are able to utilize private storage in their Freeholds.
- Ability to open the door and enter the home.
- Access to crops.
- Ability to deposit or withdraw items from storage containers.
- Permission to use furniture or crafting stations.
A property has a single owner.
- Marriage enables family size to increase by one so that housing access can be shared.
- Access lists can be used to mimic co-ownership.
- Payment of taxes may be via a "gentleman's agreement".
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
It'll be a single owner based system for those types of properties- for properties in general, but it doesn't prevent players obviously from you know collaborating and pooling resources in order to achieve certain achievements in the game. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:37:27).
- Livestream, 8 may 2017 (48:39).
- Livestream, 29 January 2021 (1:13:04).
- Livestream, 26 February 2021 (1:10:28).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (48:39).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (48:39).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (2:45).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Harmony Attire.
- Interview, 7 February 2021 (55:22).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (53:58).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (1:05:58).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (1:20:58).
- Podcast, 26 July 2020 (1:34:47).
- Podcast, 26 July 2020 (1:32:15).
- Livestream, 25 June 2021 (22:34).
- Livestream, 30 July 2021 (1:14:33).
- Video, 31 May 2020 (47:32).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (10:54).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (51:58).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:23:31).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (1:14:44).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (57:46).
- Livestream, 30 April 2021 (1:14:49).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (58:32).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (26:40).
- Livestream, 30 April 2021 (1:12:33).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (51:57).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (59:11).