The character creator (or character customization system) allows players to define the look of their in-game characters, hired NPCs; and potentially creatures raised by the animal husbandry profession.
- Character appearance can be adjusted through a wide range of presets and sliders.
- Character blending provides easy to use customization by morphing together two or more character presets.
- Character sculpting allows detailed customization of every aspect of the body.
Additional character creator features include.
- There will be unlockable features for character customization.
- You have that scar because you participated in this siege, or these many sieges; or you have this tattoo because of your of a cultural background, or because of a quest that was accomplished where you're able to get that. – Steven Sharif
- The beauty of it is that you can save your character- and we already have some of those features available- and load them; and in the future we want people to be able to share those characters amongst each other. – Margaret Krohn
- The ability to undo changes (Ctrl + Z) will be supported, including undoing changes that were made several edits earlier.
- Choosing base idle animations of characters will be possible in future.
- Certain animations, such as blinking, will be present when they don't interfere with the customization process.
- Adjusting the background scene and lighting is a planned feature.
- There's going to be a lot of environmental controls that are offered to the character creator so that people can set it up their scene the way they want to grab screenshots or to grab recordings or whatever they want to do. – Steven Sharif
- Asymmetry in terms of manipulating different components of the body or different body features such as hair, beard, and eyes.
- Asymmetry is going to be functionality that's possible in manipulating either different components of the body or different features like hair. The beard we saw a little bit of that blending with highlights that you can do. Margaret talked a little bit about the eye asymmetry that you can include. Obviously those are going to exist within certain parameters that we want to define on a per-race basis, but it is something that we think is cool. – Steven Sharif
- Body adornments, such as piercings will be possible within cultural limits.
- The developers are considering whether to allow custom tattoos to be uploaded by users.
- There will be diminishing returns on stuns, sleep and slows so as to avoid stun locking.
Diminishing returns in regards to crowd control and conditions like stun and sleep and slows and that thing: Yes we will have absolutely diminishing returns. I think it's a necessary component to balance out classes that have high control ability. – Steven Sharif
- Lockdowns won't likely be tab-targeted skills. This is to avoid imbalanced combos with skill shot (action targeted) abilities.
- Hard CC's are stuns, knock downs, sleeps, paralysis, some roots, some silences.
- Soft CC's are in the tab-targeted abilities.
- CC effects do not apply to Non-combatant (green) players. The target of a CC ability must be flagged in order to suffer the CC effects. This prevents players from opening attacks that stun non-combatant players during a pull for example.
- Some crowd-control abilities can dismount a mounted player. In that case the mount would persist with its own health pool and other stats.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Air Strike||Leap a great distance forward and into the air while firing three projectiles in a line along the path, each dealing area damage and inflicting snare to targets hit. Enemies already snared will become briefly rooted. The root effect is nature based.|
|Ancestral Bolas||Throws a magical web of bolas at the target location. All enemies within are snared and build additional hate towards the tank every second. Enemies entering or exiting the radius will be tripped.|
|Chain Lightning||Release a powerful streak of lightning that hits your primary target and then chains outward to all nearby enemies from that target, dealing lightning damage and applying 3 stacks of Electrified to each target hit.||-||-|
|Chains of Restraint||Call forth spectral chains in a target area that stagger enemies within or stun enemies already under the staggered effect, then leave behind an area that deals radiant damage each second over 8 seconds.|
|Condemn||Stun target enemy for 3 seconds.|
|Fissure||Calls forth a series of jagged spikes of earth in a line in front of the caster, dealing earth damage and applying two stacks of Earthen to each enemy hit along its path, and then launching them in the air.||-||-|
|Grapple||Takes aim for a moment before hurling a hooked chain in a line, damaging the first target it contacts and immediately pulling them to the caster. The target suffers a tapering snare for 3 seconds.|
|Imbue Ammo: Weighted||Imbues your ammunition with weight. Enemies hit by your bow attacks suffer the Snared status effect, reducing their movement speed by 50%. Each application applies 3 seconds of duration to the target, up to a maximum of 12 seconds.|
|Slam||Slam your target with immense force, knocking them back. Applies 10 stagger. Deals 500% additional threat.|
|Slumber||Applies the sleeping condition to targets affected within a small area around the primary target, rendering them unable to move or take any action. Any damage dealt to a sleeping target will break the effect. Duration is reduced by 20% for each additional target hit, to a minimum of 40% of base duration.||-||-|
|Tremoring Bellow||Releases a thundering shout in a forward cone, applying the staggered condition on enemy targets. Also stomps the ground dealing damage around the caster and tripping enemies affected by the snared condition.|
Official Content Creator program
- The Content Creator Program is meant for those who make a podcast, fansite, video channel, or live stream channel.
- Criticism is allowed, especially with constructive reasoning.
- From the teams perspective, the primary focus of the official content creator is to help provide information about the project of Ashes of Creation, to the general public and encourage constructive feedback/engagement from their audiences on the games development.
- Intrepid is looking for consistent and quality filled content.
- Follower Count is not factored for being accepted into the program. 
- To apply for Content Creator, you must have already made content.
- You may apply for Content Creator, regardless of whatever region you are in.
- Content Creator Program applications will be responded to at the email tied to their Intrepid account.
- All applications will receive a response, if rejected Intrepid will let you know why and make suggestions to improve the application.
- There are no future plans to close the Content Creator Program, or the ability to apply for it. The ability to apply may go down temporarily in the future to transition from google application forms to official website applications.
- The form to apply for the position of a Content Creator is linked below.
- Video, March 31, 2022 (18:47).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (09:43).
- Livestream, October 16, 2017 (25:56).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (45:12).
- CC Program Introduction News Article
- Video, March 31, 2022 (34:16).
- Video, March 31, 2022 (19:14).
- Video, March 31, 2022 (0:00).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (48:49).
- Video, March 31, 2022 (29:14).
- Video, March 31, 2022 (16:23).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (5:05).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (28:22).
- Ashes of Creation Reddit - Ctrl + Z in the Character Creator (1).
- Ashes of Creation Reddit - Ctrl + Z in the Character Creator (2).
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (39:30).
- Livestream, March 31, 2022 (56:40).
- Livestream, March 31, 2022 (4:57).
- Livestream, March 31, 2022 (58:47).
- Livestream, March 31, 2022 (59:36).
- Livestream, March 31, 2022 (1:01:08).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:11:52).
- Livestream, February 9, 2018 (28:17).
- Livestream, November 22, 2019 (1:06:25).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (37:57).
- Podcast, August 4, 2018 (1:11:05).
- Podcast, August 4, 2018 (1:11:52).
- Livestream, April 30, 2021 (1:08:10).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (15:28).
- Video, May 31, 2023 (12:12).
- Video, April 28, 2023 (17:50).
- Video, July 28, 2023 (20:50).
- Video, July 28, 2023 (29:23).
- Video, March 31, 2023 (9:55).
- Video, January 27, 2023 (10:27).
- Video, September 29, 2023 (11:23).
- Video, April 28, 2023 (17:22).
- Video, January 27, 2023 (7:28).
- Livestream, February 25, 2022 (6:07).