The game should be pretty much done (at beta stage) and final polish and stuff like that being put in. We don't want people to get totally burnt out on the game before we actually release. So once we get to the beta phases it should be short and sweet. – Jeffrey Bard
Beta release schedule
|Beta||Beta-1.||To be announced.|
|Beta-2.||To be announced.|
- Alpha-0 was the invite-only "raffle" friends and family alpha test phase.
- Alpha-1, Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 were available for purchase during the Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding campaigns.
- Alpha-1 was available in the Intrepid pre-order pack and the Adventurer pre-order pack.
- Alpha-2 and Beta-2 were available during PAX West 2017.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 are currently available in Pre-order packs on the cosmetic store.
- Wayfarer pre-order pack (History).
- Expeditionary pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager plus pre-order pack (History).
We offer cosmetics for players who wish to support the project early. The exclusive nature of the limited availability is something I think collectors value. If you buy cosmetics as an MMO player, I know I enjoyed if the cosmetic is rare and not every girl at the party is wearing the same dress. In addition, these cosmetics are used to populate the world through NPC variants and color/texture changes so their offering aligns with our production schedule. The good thing about these packs is they contain no P2W advantages and there is no box cost, so from a mechanics standpoint you do not need to buy them to excel in the game on launch. And also, there are comparable and subjectively more grand cosmetics achievable in game as well. – Steven Sharif
- Alpha-1 testing phases will include full wipes.
- Servers may also be wiped between individual tests, unless the developers require progression to be saved for certain spot tests.
|December 2015||First team members were hired.|
|February 2016||Ashes of Creation design documentation and prototyping.|
|December 10, 2016||Official website was launched and project announced.|
|January 18, 2017||Official discord was launched.|
|May 2, 2017||Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign launched with $750,000 funding goal.|
|June 3, 2017||Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign completed with 19,576 backers raising $3,271,809.|
|June 2017||Game production began with a team size of 15-20.|
|June 21, 2017||Summer crowdfunding campaign launched.|
|July 22, 2017||Summer crowdfunding campaign completed with 2,485 backers.|
|September 1, 2017||PAX West 2017.|
|November 4, 2017||Raised $16,500 for Extra Life children's hospitals.|
|December 15, 2017||Alpha-0 released on schedule.|
|March 19-23, 2018||Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2018.|
|April 5, 2018||PAX East 2018.|
|August 15, 2018||Last day for purchases of Alpha-1 through Intrepid pre-order packs.|
|August 20, 2018||At Gamescom with My.com.|
|August 27, 2018||100 developers working on Ashes of Creation.|
|September 1, 2018||PAX West 2018 panel.|
|October 19, 2018||Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale (previously called Alpha-1 phase 1 battlegrounds).|
|November 4, 2018||Raised $20,518 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|April 15, 2019||60 developers working on Ashes of Creation at San Diego offices (following disengagement with Malaysian art team).|
|November 3, 2019||Raised $20,901 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|August 21, 2020||Announced a mutual parting of ways with publisher My.games.|
|October 17, 2020||Almost 3,000,000 registered accounts for Ashes of Creation.|
|October 17, 2020||~87 developers working on Ashes of Creation.|
|November 8, 2020||Raised $88,546 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|February 26, 2021||Official ashesofcreation.com website redesign.|
|May 5, 2021||Alpha-1 sales resumed with the announcement of the Adventurer pre-order pack.|
|May 17, 2021||Verbal NDA was lifted from Alpha-1 testing.|
|July 9, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA preview weekend began on schedule.|
|July 11, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA preview weekend completed on schedule.|
|July 14, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA month long test began on schedule.|
|August 15, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA month long test completed on schedule.|
|November 7, 2021||Raised $34,485 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|December 23, 2021||Announced that Ashes of Creation is moving to Unreal Engine 5.|
|January 14, 2022||Over 120 people working on Ashes of Creation.|
- Kickstarter's most funded MMORPG.
- Kickstarter's #7 most funded video game.
- Most anticipated MMO – MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most anticipated early access hands-on MMORPG – MMOs World.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Independent game.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Online game.
- Best indie MMO of 2020 – massivelyop.com reader's poll.
- Most anticipated MMO of 2021 and beyond – massivelyop.com reader's poll.
- Forbes: Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond.
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (57:22).
- Livestream, 27 August 2021 (1:19:43).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (6:39).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (49:26).
- Livestream, 29 May 2020 (31:37).
- Kickstarter packages.
- MMOGAMES Interview, 8 September 2017.
- Intrepid pre-order pack.
- Adventurer pre-order pack.
- PAX West 2017 Alpha package.
- PAX West 2017 Beta package.
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (12:18).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (28:50).
- Alpha one test schedule, Mar 12, 2021.
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (7:27).
- MASSIVELY OP interview: Ashes of Creation on a new way to MMO.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter campaign
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- PAX West 2017 Schedule.
- PAX West 2017 Map.
- Intrepid Studios Dev Team.
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (2:48).
- Ashes of Creation Gamescom 2018 Interview: Responding to Criticism.
- Intrepid Studios Extra Life 2018 (@MediaAoC).
- Interview, 15 April 2019 (5:09).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.
- Interview, 17 October 2020 (18:36).
- Interview, 17 October 2020 (56:55).
- Livestream, 26 February 2021 (9:51).
- Ashes of Creation Store: May cosmetics.
- Ashes of Creation Twitter - Alpha-1 Preview Weekend Begins
- Guide to Alpha One.
- Video, 23 December 2021 (0:00).
- Livestream, 23 December 2021 (19:59).
- Interview, 14 January 2022 (9:11).
- MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most Anticipated MMORPGs For 2018.
- DualShockers’ Gamescom 2018 Awards
- MassivelyOP 2020 awards reader's poll.
- MassivelyOP reader's poll.
- Forbes: Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond