- Highest tier items will be a combo of both crafted and boss dropped.
- Crafters will be able to assign different skills/abilities and stats on gear.
- The rarity of the items will be commensurate with the effort required to gather, process and craft the items.
That plays into our crafting system in and of itself right. The idea is for those stats to be variables that can be kind of dictated based on the mastery level of the particular crafter; and the higher they become a master of those professions, whether it be for armor or for weapons or for accessories, they're going to have some agency and put their mark on essentially what items they're introducing into the economy. – Steven Sharif
- At the moment, harnessing corruption to warp items into demonic or decayed things is not on the cards.
- A crafter's name is embedded in the items they craft.
We believe that every item that exists in the world should in some way reflect its creator. As such, there will be extreme versatility in our crafting system – giving crafters the ability to create unique items that represent their strengths and weaknesses.
Crafting and World Bosses will be the main way to obtain high-level gear. There are some exceptions to this in the form of Legendary items (single server drops or discoveries), and other equipment that may drop wholesale, but we want Artisans and top tier raiding to produce the lion’s share of high level, high effectiveness equipment. – Sarah Flanagan
List of crafted items
|Item||Icon||Item type||Rarity||Level requirement||Set|
|Cloth Belt of Dark Fortunes||Belt||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Boots of Dark Fortunes||Boots||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Epaulettes of Dark Fortunes||Shoulders||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Gloves of Dark Fortunes||Gloves||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Hood of Dark Fortunes||Helmet||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Leggings of Dark Fortunes||Pants||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Robes of Dark Fortune||Chest armor||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Sleeves of Dark Fortune||Wrists||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Demonic Offering Aegis||Shield||Epic||15|
|Imposing Plate Belt||Belt||Rare||9||Imposing|
|Lava Forged Defender||Shield||Rare||Lava Forged|
|Plate Belt of Dragons Protection||Belt||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Plate Boots of Dragons Protection||Boots||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Plate Cussies of Dragons Protection||Pants||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Plate Gauntlets of Dragons Protection||Gloves||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Quill Of The Tundra||Wand||Epic||15|
|Ranseur Of Malice||Spear||Epic||15|
|Replica Of Dignitas||Axe||Epic||15|
|Spire Of Illusion||Staff||Epic||15|
|Transcendent Plate Helm||Helmet||Legendary||15||Transcendent|
Skills and stats on armor
- Master crafters will be able to influence several (but not all) stats on their crafted items.
- There will also be methods of moving stat blocks around but this won't necessarily be an easy task.
- All gear will be able to be assigned any stat.
Crafters will be able to 'rejigger' stat blocks; and there will be a couple of other ways to move things around to create both the look and the stat block that you're looking for. It's not always going to be easy. There will be a lot of challenges involved with that. But the goal is to give you guys the option to customize your gear the way you want them to be. – Jeffrey Bard
Gear is broken down into Core Stats and Additional Stats.
Item creation suite
- Chest armor.
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (15:14).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (4:42).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (14:45).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (1:05:22).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (59:58).
- Livestream, 22 December 2020 (1:15:01).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (24:19).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Podcast, 29 September 2021 (52:58).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:14:54).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (24:20).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:08:11).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (7:31).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (15:01).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (31:30).