Sometimes creating a character is not enough. Role playing takes the game to another level by acting as if you are actually the character. There won't be official RP servers in Ashes of Creation, but since Intrepid Studios has a lot of RPers in it there will surely be RPers mixed among the different servers. RPMade Simple created a nice Beginners Guide for people who are interested in getting into role playing.
- Will be an in-game mechanic.
- Ceremonies will be in the game but specifics not laid out yet.
- Likely be in a church or house, be RP orientated.
Cosmetic items will be used to change the appearance of normally slotted items 
- Intrepid intends to have an in depth in game symbol editor. 
- Costumes are not considered gear.
- Cash shop
- Kickstarter Packages
- Weekly Drawings
Types of Cosmetics
- Hairstyles, tattoos, scars
- Race emoji packs, class emoji packs?
- Just additional flair.
- Wide array of character customisation
- Eye colour, skin colour, hair colour, stuff like that.
- Caravan Skins
- Custom Items
- May be an Instrument cosmetic to change what music plays 
- Dyes will likely be accessible behind achievements/crafting walls. And will be available in cosmetic shop 
- Dyes are normally one time use.
- The Kickstarter Dye Set:
- Is assigned to a character from your account management page.
- Not usable as normal dyes are. Instead you may use these dyes to override the color of another dye obtained in game.
- They do not expire, so you may continually override dye colors through the lifetime of your character.
- Once a dye has been overridden it becomes a bound dye to your character, so the colors cannot be sold for in-game benefit.
- When a item is sold or transferred color changes are reverted.
- Angelic Skin available to Kickstarter A Leader of Men Tier
- Demonic Skin available to Kickstarter A Leader of Men Tier
- Fire and Ice Elemental Skin
- Parlor games can only be played in a tavern.
- Must be played between 2 or more people.
- The tavern will take a cut of the game.
- These parlor games will have a variety of types, depending on the racial influences of the node.
- Some involving dice, others cards and some less savory.
- Players will be able to wager in-game currency against other players.
- These games will involve aspects of both chance and skill.
- Dice and Card games 
Community RP Sites
|PvE||Questing • Events • Dungeons|
|PvP||Arenas • Open World • Sieges|
|RP (Role Playing)||Cosmetics • Parlor Games|
|Economy||Caravans • Trade • Markets • Artisan Classes|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • Combat • Guilds|