Ashes of Creation is at it’s core, a high fantasy world, with monsters, demons, dragons and heroes. Players will be able to choose from one of 8 races (four species, each with two subtypes). In keeping with our theme of Consequence, and unlike other games, race won’t just be a matter of look, with relatively inconsequential abilities tacked on. Instead they integrate deeply into our class system, augmenting and changing the basic chassis provided by our eight core archetypes. Our goal here is to create a system where an elven fighter feels different, but serves the same role as a dwarven fighter. 
"Stoic. Tradition. Forge. Most of the peoples from the old world would see a mountain and think nothing of it, the Dünir saw defensible home where riches abound. The Dünir take immense pride in what they craft and what they build; fortifications that seem impregnable, warhammers that never break, or beautiful gems for that their royalty are all in their repertoire. Don't be deceived by their stout stature, the're pound for pound the strongest warriors the world has ever known."
"Family. Freedom. Courage. Where the Dünir saw mountains as home, the Niküa saw it as a prison. How could they complete the great hunt inside a cave? The craft of their brothers doesn't elude them though, they too are highly skilled artisans. Instead of jewelry for nobles, the Niküa see crafting as a right of passage and the advancement of family. Will you progress your people from the mountains of your ancestors?"
"Imperial. Pride. Culture. Though not as numerous as the Kaelar, the Empyreans are a force to be reckoned with. Elite military forces and a highly structured government, the people of Empyrea surely have a plan to carve their place in the world."
"Nature. Balance. Fury. All things come to balance in time, and nature always has her way. Don't let their love for nature fool you though, the Py'rai rarely take prisoners. Whether it is by bow or spear, the py'rai's legacy will take root."
- Py'rai architecture includes woodland inspiration.
"Build. Order. Civilization. These are the Foundational Principles of the Kaelar. Their empire in the old world spanned the largest of all, and they plan to do the same in this world. Extremely loyal to their roots, the Kaelar will rise to the challenge."
"Trade. Law. Hardship. The Vaelune were forged in the heat of the desert, and came out anew. Through focusing on trade, the Vaelune became one of the wealthiest empires in the land. They're no stranger to the idea of kill or be killed, whether it be the beasts in the harsh desert or the snakes in the market square."
"Honor. Power. Tranquility. Through staying centered their power only grows. The Ren'Kai believe in ultimate focus and controlling their immense power. When a Ren'Kai becomes enraged though, there aren't many men or beasts who can live and tell the tale."
"Celestial. Purpose. Fate. When one stargazes they find what beauty lies beyond our world, when The Vek stargaze they find what fate lies beyond our time. Star maps, numerology, and prophecy are integral parts of each Vek's life. Great leaders read the heavens for how wars will go, which empires will rise and fall, and the Vek often ask themselves "are we too late?"
- Underrealm Race
- Culmination of some of the major/minor races that existed before
- Will be able to dial up which type of attributes come to the forefront of your character
- Reptilian, mammal, human, etc
- Fled to the UnderRealm area to escape the atrocities of the surface.
- Won’t be returning to the world, instead returning to the surface.
- Poking their head out for the first time in generations.
- Portals spooling up has done other things to the world, has brought this UnderRealms attention to the surface.
Will races affect your classes?
- Yes, plays into archetype system. You will have racial augment that can apply to primary archetype skills.
- Races will have different stats, game relies on different stats to measure things like damage/defence/other stuff.
- Race should be an identity, not a skin, and this will be a part of it.
- NOTHING IS RACE LOCKED
- Some classes might work better with different races, but nothing enforced.
|Archetypes||Bard • Cleric • Fighter • Mage • Ranger • Rogue • Summoner • Tank|
|Classes||Combination||Paladin • Predator • Spellsword|
|Races||Dwarves||Dünir • Niküa|
|Elves||Empyrean • Py'rai|
|Humans||Kaelar • Vaelune|
|Orcs||Ren'kai • Vek|