Ashes of Creation is a unique take on the MMO experience. Our world structure is dynamic and built to react to the actions of our players. Cities will rise and fall, their populations based on the history of the world as the players create it. Quests will unlock as these populations gather, their needs grow, and secrets are unlocked.
As the world’s NPC structure is established in real time, players will have the ability to destroy what they’ve created, paving the way for new development, new populations, and real change. Political strife and intrigue will play a very real role in the structure of your world.
Gone are the days of static worlds, change is here to stay.
- Divided into Zones of Influence (ZOI). 
- A system that enables players to develop the world around them. 
- Nodes will develop to the first stage rather quickly.
- Node evolution propagates in real-time.
- Four Node Types
- Six Development Stages
- Player's can only claim citizenship to one node at a time.
- Cities will have a pre-determined name that may be chosen from a list
- Four Different Node Types 
- Unique bonus services at the Metropolis Stage.
- Unique types of government and election processes.
|Node Type||Bonus Service||Leaders Elected By|
|Economic||ZOI Networked Marketplaces||Purchase/Trade|
|Military||Stronger Siege Defenses||Combat|
|Scientific||ZOI Fast Travel||Election|
- When nodes develop they will have a base style template based on race and type of node
- Six Progressive Development Stages
- The Nodes have different levels of advancement. There can only be so many of each level. As Nodes advance in stages of growth they will lock out neighboring Nodes from progressing, and will absorb their zones of influence. Nodes are formed through players doing things in their Zone of Influence. 
- If you do something that gets you experience, the Node gets experience too. The main way for players to contribute to a Node is by being active. If players are questing, gathering or gaining experience in any way then the Node grows. Groups of players may move to an area because of a quest and indirectly form a camp, or players may specifically move to an area and aim to form a city! Whatever the motivation, you build through doing. The larger the group, the faster the Node advances. 
- Once a dominating node is destroyed, nearby nodes that had their growth stunted can now unlock content
- It's possible to contribute to the development of nodes where you aren't a citizen
|Stage||Name||~ Development Time||Unlocks||~ Siege Declaration Time||~ Siege Cooldown Time|
|3||Village||Few Days||In-Node Housing • Freeholds||2 Days||20 Days|
|4||Town||Many Days||Apartments • Bounty Hunter||3 Days||20 Days|
|5||City||Few Weeks||4 Days||40 Days|
|6||Metropolis||Many Weeks||5 Days||50 Days|
Once a leader is chosen, they have a lot to do. Outside the basic services that a Node provides, leaders must choose what other service buildings to construct, which means they should have a clear plan for what they want to accomplish during their tenure. Some buildings might simply provide a zone-wide bonus to their citizens, others might provide expanded markets, some may increase a Node’s ability to defend against a siege. There is only so much space for these kinds of buildings, so the leadership will need to choose well in order to keep their citizens happy. Along that same line, leaders will need to tax their populations to provide these services, to construct these buildings, and to keep Node atrophy at bay. Too much and their populations will abandon them, too little, and the Node will decay and de-level. Savvy leaders can supplement their Node’s income with trade routes and trade agreements with other Nodes (be sure to provide some armed escorts for those caravans!),. Absentee leaders need not apply, as every leader can be replaced in the next election cycle.
- Player ran government will have sectored out areas blank and require directions from mayor to decide what gets built there
- Examples like marketplace, barracks etc.
- Once determined, the community will need to come together to build
- Some buildings will be out of the box, some things chosen by players
- Different governments can change the buildings
- Video: Nodes Part 1
- Video: Nodes Part 2
- A Reactive World - Nodes
- Node Series - Part One
- Node Series - Part Two
|The World||Nodes • Castles • Housing • Freeholds • Underrealm|
|Nodes||Types||Divine • Economic • Military • Scientific|
|Stages||Expedition • Encampment • Village • Town • City • Metropolis|