From Ashes of Creation Wiki
- 1 Dungeon First look Video
- 2 Developer Quotes
- 2.1 Will you have some form of group finder/dungeon finder menu?
- 2.2 You’ve mentioned a lot about Ashes having a lot of PvP and PvE content, what can we expect about the raiding in Ashes?
- 2.3 Do you plan on integrating party system utilities? (parsing/etc)
- 2.4 Will dungeons and raid bosses have clear times for guilds can complete? (Sir Pook)
- 2.5 Endgame? Raids?
- 2.6 Anything like story bricks?
- 2.7 PvE progression and systems.
- 2.8 [22:00] How large will dungeons be? Multiple rooms and access points? Access form the underrealm?
- 2.9 [23:30] Will dungeons be subject to same rules as open world pvp?
- 2.10 [24:00] How are you going to make the PvE experience so that raid and dungeon bosses be done with mechanics in place without zergs ignoring them.
- 3 References
Dungeon First look Video
- Not planning on including on a group finder option.
- There will be centres in cities where people can go and potentially put a listing up and express intent, look at player advertisements.
- Guild recruitment posters.
- No straight dungeon finder.
You’ve mentioned a lot about Ashes having a lot of PvP and PvE content, what can we expect about the raiding in Ashes?
- In order to have a good blend, making the game from a PvE perspective really diverse and engaging. Need to have a strong PvE game if you’re going to make PvP matter
- Large focus on epic raids, 40 main raid groups taking out epic world bosses
- Having problem solving play a role, not just zerging content
- Need to have very specific/strategic gameplay for these raids/dungeons
- Will be very in-depth and community centric, content for different group sizes
Do you plan on integrating party system utilities? (parsing/etc)
- Discussing pros and cons of allowing such mods
- There will be PvE metrics implemented for dungeons and certain events
- Groups on server can compete on who does it the best
- There will be levels on which you’re doing that PvE that enables special loot drop tables
Will dungeons and raid bosses have clear times for guilds can complete? (Sir Pook)
- We definitely want there to be ladders and reports of performance. Whether dungeons will rely on those to open drop tables; maybe some, not all. It’s a cool aspect.
- Strong focus on epic content, no “endgame” per say
- “Endgame” is a bad term because AoC is structured so that content is constantly being revealed to you. More about the development of the server than hitting max level, etc.
- Want to maintain the relevancy of the entire world, not just moving zone -> zone
Anything like story bricks?
- We do have a story system at both the regional and global levels
- We have events that will be the main driver of story in the world
- Want to make the world feel reactive, building story into the game manually
- Not procedurally generated
PvE progression and systems.
- 8 people groups. 40 people raids. Dungeons for solos, for groups, for raids. The available content is chosen by the players and how they develop the world.
[22:00] How large will dungeons be? Multiple rooms and access points? Access form the underrealm?
- Our intent is that its going to be “massive”.
- Big focus on big things.
- We want places where people with 30 minutes can participate as well
- Larger commitments and smaller commitments
- “Massive caverns” and “massive dungeons”
- Dungeons in open world that players can contend with
[23:30] Will dungeons be subject to same rules as open world pvp?
- There will be open world dungeons that will be focused for drop tables and items
- Flagging system presents potential for two parties to have open conflict.
[24:00] How are you going to make the PvE experience so that raid and dungeon bosses be done with mechanics in place without zergs ignoring them.
- There are specific mechanics that the players need to learn and react to, skill and knowledge, to complete the boss, preventing them being zerged through
- Bring as large of a zerg as you want, if they do not know mechanics they will be wiped
- Want players to learn raid composition, skills of bosses, mechanics etc.
- Zerging is not experiencing content
|PvE||Questing • Events • Dungeons|
|PvP||Arenas • Open World • Sieges|
|RP (Role Playing)||Cosmetics • Parlor Games|
|Economy||Caravans • Trade • Markets • Artisan Classes|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • Combat • Guilds|